Followers

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Lili of the Valley Challenge 95 - Animal Antics

I haven't played along with Lili of the Valleys' challenges for a few weeks, just haven't had time what with nursery holidays, bank holidays and life in general getting in the way.  I have still watched the blog (was one of the very first blogs I ever looked at) and this week I am back!

I was asked to make a card for a friends' mother-in-law, all I knew was her age and that she likes baking.  So I thought perfect opportunity to get out my new animal stamps and have a play (of course that this fitted in with the theme is just a bonus and had no bearing on my decision ;-) ).

I decided to keep the card fairly simple as I don't know the lady and I didn't want to put her age on it, some people can be a bit touchy about their ages - I know I am!

So this is my finished card, and I have to say it's simple but I'm really quite pleased with it.


All the papers are from Papermania 'Sweet Nothing' paper stack, the image is 'Cherry on Top' which I have coloured with my Prisma pencils and highlighted with some glitter and chalked the edges for definition.  The sentiment is computer generated and both image and sentiment have been cut with a nestie shape.  The ribbon is from my stuff and the border is an X-cut one.

Thanks for looking,

Sarah

12 comments:

Dolly Daydreams said...

Having trouble leaving you comments so sorry if you get two. Such a pretty card and love those mischievous mice, perfect card for the occasion. You can have my inspirations on Mondays if you like as I,m usually exhausted after the LIM challenge lol.

Take care

Marie

Pauline said...

A lovely card, such a sweet image.

Unknown said...

Sarah, this is lovely. Soft colours & the backing paper goes so well with the image x

Sarah-Jane said...

I love that cupcake paper! Lovely card as always :) xx

G Peplow said...

Hi there Sarah, Such a gorgeous card, love the colour and beautiful papers that you've used. Thank you so much for the lovely comments that you left for me, you're very kind:0) xxx

Liz McGuire, said...

Aww, how sweet is this?

Liz x

Vicky said...

Such a yummy card Sarah....fabulous layout too and gorgeous dp's hun..your friend will love it!

hugs Vicky xx

Wishcraft said...

Adorable card Sarah :o) I love this image but won't let myself buy it until I've made something with all the other LOTV stamps I've bought and not even inked up yet! Lisa x

Little K Smith said...

A lovely card, I just adore these lil' mice and perfect papers too :)
Kelly.x

Jayne A said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me your kind comment.

I absolutely love that lilly image. Great Card.

Jayne
x

CraftyC said...

This is just so sweet Sarah, love the pretty papers you have used.Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge!
Clairex

Jacq said...

Hi Sarah,
Absolutely Gorgeous card!! Love the cute little LOTV stamp, the dp's, the lovely soft colour scheme, the layout looks fab too. Coloured so beautifully as always.
By the way, check out my blog, theres something there for you.
Hugs Jacqui xxx