Followers

Thursday 9 June 2011

Little Claire's Challenge - No 8 Shaped cards

Hi blogworld,

Goodness another long gap between posts!  There is just so much going on at home at the moment that I'm finding it difficult to get time at the computer.  Not finding it difficult to make cards tho!  So when life calms down a bit I think I will post up a few cards.

I did mean to enter this card into Little Claire's Challenge, but looking at the blog I'm not sure if it's closed or not!  I'm going to do this post and a link to the challenge anyway - at least that way they know I'm still thinking about them even if I missed the challenge! I was so chuffed to win the prize last time as well - I'd looked at the stamp at the Lincoln Sincerely Yours fair and thought about buying it but decided to leave that one as I'd got lots of others.  Just as well I did really as I then won it!

So this time it's shaped cards - made this for a friend of mine to give to her Dad for fathers day.  Her parents moved up here awhile ago and brought a beach hut at the same time - she'd asked for either beach hut or trains and I thought this image was great so beach hut it was!  She was rather pleased as well!

I used Little Claire's  Beach Huts, coloured with Prisma Pencils.  The card base is cut using a Go Kreate XL Frame - Frilly No2.  Then matted and layered onto papers from papermania For Him paper pad all cut with the varying sizes of same die.  Sentiment is from Craftwork Cards.

This is a shot of the beach huts down on the front -you can see why she was pleased with the image I think.


So will go see if I can link this, it will be the first time I've tried doing a link in comments.  Fingers crossed it works!

Sarah

10 comments:

Georgina said...

Another great card. Lovely colours and design that all works well together. This is one of my favourite LC stamps seets.

Thank you for joining Little Claire's blog challenge and using a Little Claire's stamps.

Jacq said...

Hi Sarah,
I know exactly what you mean lol, there aren't enough hours in a day just lately.
This is just Beautiful!!! No wonder your friend was pleased with this. Love the image, the dp's, the colour scheme is gorgeous. Love the layout too. Coloured perfectly as always.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

Sarah-Jane said...

Great card Sarah. Can I just ask which die cutting machine you use? I would like to get some of the larger dies but don't think they will go through my Cuttlebug. xx

Jayne A said...

Great card love the beach huts.

Jayne
x

Wendy said...

Great card Sarah,fab image.Thanks for your support on my new blog,much appreciated.
Wendy xx

Vicky said...

Wonderful Sarah..! love the image and your gorgeous colours sweetie...

hugs Vicky xx

Wishcraft said...

Great card Sarah! Love this image and fab shape :o) Lisa x

PS. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire!

Louise said...

such a lovely card and a great shape too. Thank you so much for joining us at Little Claire's xx

Little Claire said...

Hi Sarah, love your card, (well I like all of your cards!) and like your blog too - thanks for joining us at Little Claire x

Sarah-Jane said...

Well done on winning Top Three at Little Claire! Also thank you for the info about the larger dies. Now I know they will fit my Bug I will give them a try. xx