Followers

Monday 19 September 2011

Oh so quiet!

Good morning blogland,

One daughter off to school, one mummy getting some computer time, one daddy putting the washing on - isn't that how it should be?

It does seem so weird that a few weeks ago I was agonising over Emily going to school and now after she was home for a week with the Chicken Pox, I'm appreciating the quiet that comes with her being at school.  I'm still not sure about school, I think I'd be happier with her going to Nursery but they have to grow, I know that, and I have to grow as well into accepting that she is no longer a 'baby' - some good things do come out of it.  Getting back some 'me' time being one of them, more time for housework not being one of them!

Waffle over.

Today's card is, maybe, for a friend who is 5 days overdue her baby - I have a few new baby girl cards but no new baby boy.  She doesn't know if it's a girl or boy (it will be her third child and the other two are girls - so what are the odds for a boy?) so I thought I'd best get this one done quick as it's late already!

Main picture:



Detail of image:

Details of card:
Fizzy Moon - Wish upon a star stamp, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with my ProMarkers (with a tiny bit of help on the yellow ribbon from daughter!)
Die cut onto nestie shapes.
Papers: Die-cuts with a View - The Glitter Stack, for the pattern: Dovecrafts  - Back to Basics with the spots.
Lili of the Valley sentiment stamp
Buttons and twine from my stuff
Craftwork Cards card blank

I just wanted to say as well, thank you all for your encouraging comments on my improvements in colouring.  I'm very grateful for all the support, as much as hubby comments nicely (without menaces!) on my cards, it's such a confidence boost to have other cardmakers also giving encouraging views.

So cheerio for the mo, but not for too long now (I hope, unless there are any other major incidents!!).

Sarah

Challenges I'd like to enter:

Passion for ProMarkers - Week 117 - 'beary special'
Sketch n Stash - Challenge 70 - Free Choice, I picked sketch number 21 my stash are the papers, really don't know how long I've had the patterned paper for, far to long to say the least!  Did I mention I'm addicted to paper?
Whoops, forgot to post pic of sketch - fixing that now.



Creative Card Crew - Babies
Make it Monday - Linky Party

26 comments:

Sandy said...

Cute image - a lovely new baby card, love the papers too, I saw your card on Make It Monday,
Sandy

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card Sarah.....Saw this on Make it Monday and had to have a look.I am also now a follower of your fab blog.xxx

Wendy said...

Hi Sarah,this is soooo sweet,love the image and great papers...saw this on Make it Monday.

Pleased Emily is better and able to go back to school,enjoy your me time.
Wendy xx

Kathleen said...

Morning Sarah, this card is very cute, fab colouring with your promarkers. Dont know why you worry so much about your colouring, its excellent. You have got it all sorted haven't you, daughter at school, hubby hanging out washing, not bad for some!! Lol.
Hugs
Kat xxx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful baby card Sarah, really lovely.

Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sally said...

beautiful card lovely use of colours and like the way you have layered it up

Berry said...

This is super cute Sarah! I hope by law of averages your friend does have a boy, I had 2 girls then had my son but my friend at school had 2 girls and then had another! I bet it is quiet there today and she was very ready to get back to her friends hugs Rebekah xx

Anonymous said...

So soft and sweet! Adorable image and lovely card, thanks for sharing; I saw this on Make it Monday and had to come for a closer look!
smiles,Deena

Sarah-Jane said...

Hi Sarah, I saw your link over at Make it Monday and thought I would pop over for a closer look. Your card is fab. I really like the stamp, I think I might need one! Papers are fab and so is your colouring. xx

Vicky said...

Super cute Sarah....and I'm so loving your colouring too hun...

big hugs Vicky xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Really beautiful card Sarah, love the backing papers. Debs xx

Karen said...

OH now isn't he just the sweetest ever? I haven't heard of fizzy moon and it's something I dare not google just yet. Rofl.
Your card is simply adorable honey.
Perfect and I'll bet your friend will just treasure this for a long time to come.
Hugs. Krafty Karen - Popping in from MIM to say Hi.xx

coops said...

stunning card sarah.your colours and design are gorgeous and i love the fizzy moon image :D

xx coops xx

Christine L said...

Gorgeous card Sarah... love that Fizzy Moon image!
Hugs
Christine x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Sarah,
This little cutie looks adorable.Love the image & your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Sarah, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Julie C. said...

Hi Sarah,
This baby boy card is so cute! Love your colouring!

Wishcraft said...

This is just gorgeous Sarah! Fab image, love the papers and great layout :o) Lisa x

Wishcraft said...

Me again - forgot to say thanks for joining in at PFP! Lisa x

Anita said...

Sarah, this is absolutely adorable. Your coloring is beautiful and so are your papers. I love those Fizzy Moon bears and I know I'm going to have to break down and buy me some lol! I'm sure your friend will love this card.

Tamie said...

How sweet this baby card is. I am just in love with the image. So glad I came for a better look from MIM.

kelly ledder said...

Such a lovely card and a gorgeous image, thank you for joining in with the challenge over at Creative Card Crew.

Kelly x

Lisa Minckler said...

You've created an adorable masterpiece that I'm sure your friend will cherish always.
Love the way you skewed the die shapes behind the bear. Very creative!
Thank you for sharing at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love your take on the sketch & Thanks for joining us at sketch n stash..good luck!!
hugs and xxxx
Gemma

Morgan said...

I found my way via MiM, and oh my gosh this is the third card with Fizzy Moon I have seen in under 10 minutes - cuteness overload!! LOL Your colours are just fabulous :o)

Jill said...

gorgeous card Sarah and a great take on the sketch fab thanks for joining us at SNS hugs Jill xx