Followers

Sunday 30 October 2011

Warning long waffly post!

Helllooo blogworld

Can't believe the clocks have gone back today - the year is just disappearing so quickly.  Hubby reminded me yesterday that Christmas is only a short time away - my response was don't tell me until November and he said that's next week!!!  Arggghhhh!

I am sorry I've been a bad blogger this week.  I've hardly visited any of you, so I will make serious efforts to remedy that either tonight or next week.

We ended a busy week with some friends of Emily's coming over on Friday.  So there were three girls here of 5, 4 and 3 yrs and a tiny baby boy (who was very well behaved, hardly made a peep!).  They had a lovely time, up until the afternoon!

The girls' mum and I were talking at the corner of the house, with Em and her friend playing round in the small garden over on the other side, when I heard screaming, it was the friend who had fallen into our pond!   I haven't run that fast for years - didn't think I had it in me any more but, my god, I flew!  I only looked away for seconds, after checking that I could see them both, then one of 'em had gone.  Luckily it isn't too deep a pond and, with her friend being 5 already, she is tall enough to climb out again, but she was soaked and shocked.  Got her in and cleaned her up, by the time we all calmed down I was in tears.  Can't believe that happened when they were visiting at my house - I felt terrible!  Her mum was fine, very calm and said no harm done - me I was a shivering wreck.

Right I think that is enough of my waffling, and I've done mega waffling today!  So I'd best show you my card!  I made this for a challenge, but I've missed it - again - so I'll post it and then go wander see if I can find a challenge to enter it into.  Otherwise I'm just sharing with you all!

So here is card:



I'm actually quite pleased with this one - I coloured the image horribly with just my Promarkers, but then just as I was about to bin it, I thought of Vicky and Lisa and all the others of you who colour with Promarkers and Prismas, so I tried adding shading and depth with my Prismas - and hey presto!

So details:

Image is Tiddly Inks: Druscilla - coloured with Promarkers and Prisma pencils and a little bit of stickles glitter on the wings.
Paper: Prima Inc: Fairy Flora paper stack
Trim across the top is a Memory Box Die - Meridian Border
The word is made up from rub-on letters that I've had for ages.

There I think I've bored you all silly with my waffle, I'm off now to waffle away on your blogs!

See you soon,

Sarah

Ah-ha!  I've found a challenge, or two:

The Secret Crafter - Challenge #158; Spooky or Whimsical - I hope my card falls into whimsical?

Polka Doodles - Week 43 Challenge - Mystical and Magical

14 comments:

Christine L said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, love the colours you've used and the shading done with the prismas is fabulous!
So sorry you had such a shock... it's only after something like that when the tears come - it's the fright! But I'm glad all is OK!
Hugs
Christine x

Pink Dandelion said...

Hi Sarah, hope you've managed to calm down now, its such a shock isn't it. I'm so glad my days of having to have eyes in the back of my head are over lol. Love your card, the shading with the Prismas is fab. Debs xx

downrightcrafty said...

oh what a gorgeous creation, thank you for sharing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have some candy if you are interested :)

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card, so unique!! Great to see your work at Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia

**I have some yummy Polka Doodles Candy on my blog...Feel free to take a look!**

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! so different, love the colours and the simplicity of this project, stunningly beautiful work
Lindsay xx

coops said...

fantastic card sarah.really love the image and your colouring and design is stunning ;D
so pleased the little girl was o but must if been awful for you all.

xx coops xx

Linny said...

Yes I would say whimsical, lovely image. Thank you for joining in at Secret Crafter saturday challenge. Linda

Julie C. said...

Gosh! That was scary! I'm glad eveyone is ok!! This card is so different and so pretty. Love the colours. You take care!

Sharon said...

Your colouring turned out lovely and such a pretty image! Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles xx

Arabella said...

Oooh that sounds awful Sarah! I would have been an emotional wreck too! I'm so glad nothing bad happened though!

This card is gorgeous! I love the depth you have added with the primas!

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog and thanks also for becoming a follower!

Arabella

Wishcraft said...

Oh Sarah, I'd have been a wreck too! I'm glad the little girl was ok.

I LOVE your card, I think it's beautiful! Such a gorgeous design and fabulous image - your colouring looks lovely :o) Pencils are great for salvaging images you think are ruined lol.

Not sure how to explain how I do my sky... originally I watched a video tutorial on Annika's blog (another messy crafter), but she uses copics, so I adapted it for promarkers, and my more recent ones have been using flexmarkers. Maybe one day I'll suddenly get brave enough to do a tutorial lol. Lisa x

Kathleen said...

Hiya Sarah,
First of all im sorry about your drama, that must have been terrifying but it all ended well and everyone was ok, probably has aged you ten years but thats the joy of kids!!
Right, onto your card, wow,I love it, this is such a great image and layout and colours, so pretty.
Take care
Love and hugs Kat xx

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in my Magical/mystical challenge at Polkadoodles, and for sharing lovely your work with us! I remember falling in a pond around that age - glad all is well in the end! Cheers Claire x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

A beautiful card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.