Followers

Friday 10 February 2012

A week in progress

Good morning bloggers

You find me here at an unusual time as things are going a bit pear shaped in our house with Em being off school.

I tell you what, I'll do the card first - then I'll waffle, 'cause this could be long.  Firstly tho I must say a very big thank you to Delphine who very kindly said it was OK to use a layout from one of her beautiful cards - if you haven't had a peep at her blog, you should her cards are beautiful!!!

So card and isn't this the most gorgeous image?
Font shot:

Detail shot of image:

New stash warning on this card - I brought the image this month, in my once a month digi treat spend.

I used:

Saturated Canary digi: So Sorry - die cut with a nestie and chalked while in the die.  Coloured with my Promarkers and Flexmarkers.
Paper: My Mind's Eye - Laundry Line
Bit of glamour glitter on the heart in the balloon.
Sentiment from a Fiskars set.
Pearls from my stuff.
I made the card blank.



Week in our household so far, since beginning of not at school saga:


Emily took to Drs on Wednesday, verdict conjunctivitis.  After the Drs she was allowed an art magazine as a treat (things to cut out), normally she is very good with scissors - so I left her alone with them while I came downstairs, get back upstairs - she's cut a chunk out of her hair and a hole in her leggings.  I said to her I'm getting your father, as she wouldn't give me a straight answer and needed a break from me telling her off (you've got to picture me muttering and complaining in the background), hubby tried to talk to said daughter to ask why! No straight answer given.

Thursday, hubby thought it would be a good idea to let her downstairs on her own when she woke up, thinking he and I would get a lie-in - not a good idea, didn't know what she was up to.  There goes my lie-in.  I got a nap in the afternoon when hubby took her to the beach for a walk - she fell over and bashed her knee poor Em!!  (Then she was good for rest of day - yay!!)

This morning, she got up at 6 and Peter was up at 6.30, I was up at 7.45 (a lie-in, yay!) but then an argument ensues over her getting dressed at 8.30!! - ends up with me walking away and Emily (mostly) getting herself dressed.  Been good now for a couple of hours!

There, told you it would be a saga - award yourself a star if you made it this far.

Hopefully normality will be restored very soon and I will be happy, calm, composed, self-confident, happy with my lot and a perfect mother.  And if you believe that - you're a better man than me (to very badly mis-quote Rudyard Kipling).

Signing off
Sarah (attempting calm thoughts as I type)

A challenge, or two:

Saturated Canary: Challenge #10 Red, Pink and White

Crafts and Me challenge: #68 Use a new image


20 comments:

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, love this image, mine still on comp! I wish I could say things get better, but as a mum of a teen, a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old, I cannot honestly say which age is better, try dealing with a hormonal, moody, sometimes happy, grumpy and quick tempered (a bit like her mother there!!) 15 yr old!!!! I keep saying it can only get better!
Hugs Kat xxxx

Arabella said...

Gorgeous card Sarah! Such a cute image and your colouring is lovely!

I think you need a Keep Calm and Carry On poster! I hope Em gets better soon and things get back to normal!

Arabella

Berry said...

Lol I'm with Kat on this! I have an 11 yr old a 9 yr old and soon to be 5 yr old and there is always something with one of them that makes me want to scream! Caleb has been so stroppy of late that now he gets to have a happy or sad face on the calendar at the end of the day and when he gets enough happy faces he can have a new skylander, however he is getting a fair few sad ones and then last night the skylanders were taken away all together due to him refusing to give the wii remote back!
Onto the good stuff - your card is fab I love the simple LO and she is such a nice image I have her and haven't coloured her yet but she is sooo perfect! hugs Rebekah xx

Faye said...

There is NEVER normailty in the same house as children! Love the card, it's delish. Delphine does make fabby cards, doesn't she. xxx

Lily Anuska said...

Hi Sarah. This image is really beautiful. You did a good buy with a limited budget. Coloring is perfect as always. My advice regarding problems: You sing - Don't worry, be happy. After each rain the sun comes out. I wish you a great weekend. Lily Anuska

Wendy Fraser said...

Fab card, lovely image. I hope Em is feeling better soon! xx

Anita said...

Beautiful card Sarah and I really like that layout too. Well, as the others have already pointed out, it doesn't get any easier as they get older lol! Now, that wasn't what you wanted to hear, was it?

sue said...

gougous card sue xx

catherine said...

great card Sarah. sounds like you had a bit of a morning but would you believe mine was worse. two girls and a load of arguing between them. Always feel like I've been in a battlefield by the time they have gone!!.
x catherine

Jo said...

Sounds like a normal house to me - i've got 6 of the little darlings and there's always some drama going on lol! Your card is fab - that image is adorable - i might have to have a little treat this weekend!
Jo x

Loopylou. said...

romfl sarah!! sending you calm thoughts hun!!!!!!
your card is stunning though sweets despite the young hairdresser of the house!! :)
Thank you for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
hugs Lou xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Aww bless you. Have a glass of something alcoholic or a hot chocky if you don't drink and relax. You'll be laughing about this in the years to come and embarrassing her by telling the tale to her boyfriends lol. I am going to have a nice glass of Crabbies and enjoy the last few hours of peace before Chris gets home in the morning. Oh and I love your card. Debs xx

Christine L said...

Gorgeous card Sarah.. Fab colouring!

And loved to read your saga.. Made me smile!

Hugs from Gungadin..
Aka Christine x

Wendy said...

Sounds like here Sarah,always something going on, we keep finding chunks of Katies hair everywhere, where she twists her fingers around and then it comes out with knots in...hope Em is soon feeling better and love your gorgeous card.
Wendy xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card - that image is so cute and the perfect choice for your once a month spend!
I hope you've all calmed down now!
I've got a little award for you on my blog as a thank you for being inspirational.

Sheena
xxx

Jayne A said...

Beautiful Card. I havent bought this image yet but I think that I may have that shopping feeling coming on!!

I have a 21 year old and an 11 year old and when they are together its never dull, Best to ignore then unless they are trying to kill one another!

Hugs
Jayne
x

coops said...

fabulous card sarah.really love your fab design and gorgeous image and colours :D
i hope things are calmer today hun, kids sure do know how to push our buttons.

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous card Sarah, hope things have calmed down at home for you!
Helen x

RoseC said...

Sarah, your So Sorry image looks lovely on this belated birthday card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me digi team's Use a New Image challenge. ~ Rose

Anna Maria Niia said...

Cute, love the glittery heart on the balloon!

Thank you for joining the Saturated Canary Challenge!