Followers

Monday 21 October 2013

building update

Hello blogworld

Well I did say you wouldn't see me much this week - busy social life dont'ya know!!  Well, SHMbO has anyway!!

But so as you don't feel completely ignored, I thought I'd show you some pics of how the extension to the house is coming on.

Outside, apart from painting it, is done.  I know it looks a bit grim, it was supposed to be coloured render that didn't need painting - but it didn't work out!  So now we have to wait for the spring and good weather to paint it.



Inside the new room is getting there.  The Building Regulations man said it all has to be insulated, hence the spaceship look!  Not bad though hubby is doing all this himself (well with a little help from me and SWMbO), but we'll get a plasterer in to skim it - hubby might be good with a drill but he can't plaster!!


But my new kitchen will be a store room for a few months yet.  Since we got the planning approval on the garages, that's going to take priority.  Ho hum, maybe next year for new kitchen and craft room??

See's ya tomorrow with my card for the new Digi Choosday challenge!


Sarah

10 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Sarah it's starting to take shape after all your hard work and looking for builders etc can't wait to see it all finished. Love Alison xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah, it is good to see it all coming together after your troubles at the beginning. Take care.
Carol.x

Julie C. said...

It's looking good! ^_^

coops said...

its certainly coming on now sarah.can`t wait to see your next update :D

xx coops xx

Christine L said...

It's looking good Sarah... and no doubt will come together all at once!

Now.... I want to know what those little tracks are for!! Does someone have a choo-choo??

Hugs
Christine x

scrappymo! said...

Well, it is coming together nicely now!

Sorry to hear that your kitchen has to wait. I bet you are looking forward to your new craft room!

Ella's Design said...

Hi, Sarah! That's one heck of an extension and it's starting to look good on the inside - almost a usable room! Can't believe that the garage takes priority over a kitchen AND craft room, mind you, if it's a man doing the work!?! (I know where my hubby's priority would be too!) We have the workmen coming in tomorrow for demolition, then rewire Thursday/Friday and central heating next Wednesday! I'm hoping that after then I can start prepping walls and painting ceilings in the bedrooms...fingers crossed! I'll take some pics with my tablet so you can see the before and after! Hugs, Lisa x

Anonymous said...

It's looking fab Sarah, can't wait to see it finished!
Helen x

DesignerDiva said...

WOW it's looking great Sarah, and I bet you wondered if you would ever get to this stage!!
Hugs Laurie xx

Kim said...

it's all looking fab Sarah - and I bet you're so relieved that it's all finally coming together!
Kim x