Followers

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Almost there!

Good morning blogworld

Well that's nearly the end of my busy card sharing week - only got one more to go and then you don't see me again till next week.

Thanks for all the very kind comments on my cards, you surely know how to make a girl feel good about herself!!

Here is another one for you to look at.  I saw a brilliant sketch at Sketch Saturday - which I will use again - but I couldn't get it to look how I wanted on a square card (I make my own blanks which are touch under 6x6") so I ended up investigating other card sizes.  I have loads of envelopes and came across packets that are 5x7" and then found cards on the 'net  that are landscape fold for these envelopes.  I like cards that are folded across the top (what's that tent fold?) so I've ordered a few. Fun isn't it having the Internet ;-)

Anyways, here is the culprit for a tiny wee crafty spend up:


Again, it's quite a plain card so no close up.  I'm not entirely sure about the amount of white I've left around the image, I've got a feeling it might be too much and why the sketch didn't quite work, but hey ho I quite like it!!

I used:

Stamp:
My Favourite Things: a la mode - Big Birthday Wishes
coloured with Copics

Dies:
Die-namics: Blueprints 1

Papers:
BoBunny: Alora Collection

Anything else?
Chipboard flower - very old stash!!

Oh and before I go - thanks also for the kind thoughts for SWMbO - we did get an appt on Monday to see the Nurse.  No probs am happy to see a Nurse - earache is a bit trivial for Docs ain't it.  Anyways, Em's ear is still inflamed but no infection.  It's probably because I took her swimming right after her antibiotics and water has got in her ear, behind wax (urgh!) and stuck there.  So she is now having Olive oil drops in her ear every night for a week.  Hoping that fixes it.  

Nurse suggested ear plugs for when she goes swimming, to stop water getting in / repeat infections. I never had ear problems as a child (mine was, and is, migraine) and I've never had to think about ear plugs, headbands, swimming caps before - it's quite a large amount of stuff to trawl through isn't it!!

OK am off now and will see you in the morning.

Cheerio

Sarah

Sketch Saturday: Week #299

Crafty Sentiments Design Challenges: Spots or Dots


14 comments:

Sarah said...

Another colourful creation Sarah and I think the white space sets the image off perfectly...so there!! Glad to hear all is well in the ear department!! xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Fantastic card Sarah love the layout and the image. Sorry short comment but my back is bad and can hardly sit so am signing off now. Love Alison xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Sarah
Fabulous card .... Love the image....
What size are the tent cards you are getting.... I am wanting 5x7 fold at the top ...is thatatentfoldcard?
Hugs Sylviexx

Jane Savage said...

Fab, fun and funky, Sarah! Love it! XX

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, lovely image x Susan x

Ella's Design said...

Love this, Sarah! Sweet image, coloured brilliantly, gorgeous bright papers and fab layout! Embrace the white spaces! Hugs, Lisa x

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Sarah. I certainly don't think there is too much white. It shows the gorgeous image off perfectly. Love the papers.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Christine L said...

It's gorgeous Sarah and I love the amount of white... it's just right. Love how you've done the sentiment too and your fab colouring of course.

Glad to hear that the ear infection is on it's way!

Hugs
Christine x

Debra Miller said...

Wonderful card Sarah, great image and colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! ~Deb

Cathy P said...

Love the image, your papers and your take on the sketch, Sarah. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday. Hugs, Cathy xx

Diane said...

I think your card is just right Sarah, sometimes we spend too much time just looking at our cards !! Love the design and colours, so fresh !!

Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

good luck sweetie !!

hugs diane xx

MagsB said...

There is definitely not too much white space round the image, Sarah! What a fab CAS card, and such gorgeous colours!

I hope that SWMbO is getting better - earache is no fun at all!

love Mags B x

coops said...

so gorgeous sarah.really love your cas design and bright colours and the image is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A fabulous CAS card Sarah I do like your colouring really vibrant. Thank you so much for joining us for our Spots and Dots Challenge at Crafty Sentiments, hugs Susan x