Followers

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Floral challenge cards

So that post went well, I'm now attempting to post pictures.

I'm a member of Docrafts forum, which is also a new thing for me, and one of the challenges I took part in recently was to make a card which featured a handmade flower.  I ended up making two cards as the first tutorial I found I wasn't successful in making the flowers.

So this is the card I made and entered into the challenge:


Card made for Docrafts floral challenge
I found the tutorial to make the flower in Youtube, the lady in the video used punched flower shapes, I don't have any punches so used Nestability scallop circles instead and cut them on my Cuttlebug.  Then spritz with water, fold up tightly, unfold, pile up, make a hole and put a brad through.  Scrunch up again and then gently fold out, hey presto you have a flower.  I also inked the edges before spritizing and glittered them after. 

The card blank is from Craftwork Cards, the sentiment from Elzybells, stamped onto and then layered on nestie shapes.  I can't remember where I got the bit of bling, it's been hanging around for ages.

It is not at all like my normal cards (I like stamps, patterned paper and flowers) but once I had made the flower it was so big, I didn't know what else to add.  I ended up keeping everything else very simple.

So to get back to the other tutorial I found on Youtube.

Hopefully this will give you the link to the tutorial.

This is the card I made using the flower.



Close up of flower
I used a CC Designs Love Lolita Butterfly stamp, coloured with promarkers.  The papers are from a Die Cuts With a View paperstack.  I also used a Martha Stewart punch, Craftwork Cards sentiment and ribbon and charm from my stuff.

I will stop talking to myself now and publish this.  I wonder what it will look like?

10 comments:

Laineymo said...

Glad to say you are no longer talking to yourself. What a beautiful flower. Great cards to start your blog off with. Welldone.

Chris said...

I absolutely adore your flower whisper cardwho ever receives this they will be amazed well done :O) Chris xx (DC).

Crafty Karen said...

welcome to blogland :-D your cards are beautiful :-D

Kathleen said...

looking good!
great background, links within the post - great!
kathleen mc xx

carol said...

hi....link worked..lol fab blog, love your creations, enjoy, x crofty

Teresa said...

Gorgeous card Sarah and welcome to blogland. xx

Lynsey said...

Great cards Sarah, I love the whisper sentiment too! Lyns xx

crafty becca said...

Your blog is looking fab as is your flower.
Becky x

Sue & Leanne said...

Love your cards Sarah, and the blog is looking good.

Suze

~**Bashnee**~ said...

I love that flower!! lovely cards, and you are steamrolling along with your blog, well done!! xx