Followers

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Lili of the Valley - Challenge 88

Well I decided to enter the Lili of the Valley challenge again, I really like working from sketches.  They help me to stop dithering over placement on my cards, so all I'm left to do then is hunt through boxes and boxes of paper to pick what I'm going to use!  This time, as I remembered about the challenge, I have actually managed to make a card in plenty of time.



I've used It's my Party, coloured her with promarkers, cut with a circular nestie and chalked round the edge for some definition.  All the papers and the sentiment are from Craftwork cards - don't ask me what the papers are though I've had them for ages and can't remember!  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and my stock (of which I have loads of flowers).  The lace is also from Wild Orchid Crafts and ribbon from stock.  Am a bit dissapointed that the ribbon moved when I stuck it down, as it's not even now.

I still show my cards to hubby, although I swear everytime after I've done it I'm not going to do it again.  His comment this time?  "That's going to cost a fortune to post" - not the point I reply.  Can you see now why I set up this blog, I like talking to myself, I get the right answers.  Show card - correct response is "Oooh, how lovely aren't you clever". Pat on back ;-)

Anyway, I'll stop waffling now, may well be back later with more cards depends on how much time I have. 

Cheerio

Sarah

4 comments:

~**Bashnee**~ said...

A pat on the back from me too!!! I love this image, only used it once (tut tut!). Love the colours combo you've done. x

ogilvie said...

Wow!!!! Like the striking colours and of course, love the stamp, she is sooo cute. Hugz, Janice

Nicola said...

ROFL my hubby is just the same Sarah, smile politely and go have some crafty retail therapy sweetie.
Your card is gorgeous, loving your colouration and colour combo ... now I´m thinking ... is this how you look after hubby´s comments???? Oops couldn´t resist, sorry, just my wicked sense of humour or perhaps thinking of myself lol.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, i love a red & black combination

Kate xxx