Followers

Saturday 1 December 2012

Hello Christmas!!

and hello blogworld!

So here we are 1st of December, which means we are officially in Christmas time in the world according to Sarah!

Just to prove the point this is the first of two posts today - and they are both Christmas cards!!

Firstly - it's Saturday and so it's time for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin and this week, along with the stamping of course, we'd like to see ribbons and snowflakes on your entries.

This week we have two great sponsors :


and:

Our regular monthly sponsor is:



The DT were allowed images to play with but ooh the trouble I had with this card!  I forgot that I had this image and spent a whole day colouring the wrong image. Luckily I can use that for something else, but boy was I mad when I realised what I'd done, that then set the whole tone for the card.

The die didn't work - so it's been chopped to pieces; the ink pad fell on the paper and smudged - so it became distressed; the snowflake wouldn't cut properly - please ignore the shabby looking-ness of it!!  Anyone want the card - I sure don't!!!

So here is the infamous card:
Front shot:

Arty farty side shot:

Arty farty two - to show glitter?


 I used:

Digi:
The Stamp Fairy - George and Friends
coloured with my Promarkers and Flexmarkers

Dies / Punches:
Nesties for the oval and scalloped oval
Martha Stewart border punch
Memory Box - snowflake

Papers:
crate paper - Pepermint Collection

Anything else?
Ribbon, gem and border thingy from my stuff
Craftwork cards - Kraft card blank

Right am off now but I'll be back in a mo!!

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Wags 'n Whiskers Stamps: Challenge 93 - Christmas

Cute Card Thursday: Challenge 245 - Snowflakes

I love Promarkers: Challenge 145 - Anything Goes

Passion for Promarkers: Week 177 - Theme: Distressing

14 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Sarah this is gorgeous I love the snowmen and your layout is beautiful. Caroline xxx

Christine L said...

Well it all looks good to me Sarah... and you'd have not said anything, I'm sure none of us would have known you'd had problems!!

Have a good weekend..

Hugs
Christine x

Sue said...

You really are too hard on yourself Sarah. Your card is fabulous. I love that image and the snowflake looks good to me!!

Hugs Sue

mixamatoasties said...

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh... It's the attack of the cursed snowmen....

I think we've both done remarkably well with the dodgy snowmen. Well you did anyway ;)

Susan xx

PS 24 days to DW :D

Tracey T said...

It's lovely, Sarah! Love those papers! Hugs, Tracey x

Vicky said...

It's gorgeous Sarah...you so make me LOL...!!

big hugs Vicky xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant card thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week and good luck Ginny X

coops said...

so gorgeous sarah.i love your snowmen and really stunning distressing and papers.thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Wishcraft said...

Well I think it's a gorgeous card, really I do! Fab papers, love the snowflake... and yes, even those snowmen :o) Hugs, Lisa x

PS. yes I'm totally converted to copics now, just need to collect them all - it's a very slippery slope!

Jenny said...

Would never have noticed any of that! I think it is a fabulous fun card Sarah! Love it! hugs x

WeirdCat said...

Fab card, love that big snowflake, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Faye said...

Sweet Cheeks birthday tomorrow, which means Christmas starts 4 December for us. And my goodness I think I will be panicking. Love this card. Fab colours and colouring. X

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Sarah, I think your card is gorgeous, you're being too hard on yourself. I love the cute image and your colouring looks fab. Thanks for joining in with our "distressing" challenge at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Julie said...

Fabulous card - great colours and design! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, Juliexx