Followers

Thursday 1 March 2012

How frilly is this!

Hello blogworld,

Hasn't it been a gorgeous day - not that I've seen much of it mind!  Have spent most of the day indoors creating this little frilly, fussy card.  I think I have to ask - those of you who make heavily embellished cards, how long does it take you?  This one has taken me all day - from stamping it last night to finishing it off this afternoon, it's been blooming aggggeesss!!!!

I am also going to make a little promise here that I'm not going to whinge and whine anymore about my cards, I know I'm not perfect but neither am I totally unhappy with what I produce.  I know I can, and do, improve and I'll just keep making my cards as (apart from the odd blip) it is a hobby I enjoy and makes me happy.

So - thank you to everyone who left me such kind comments yesterday, it really brought a lump to my throat to see so many of you telling me to stop being such an idiot!!!  Love ya's - mwahhh!!

And so, moving swiftly on to my card. Firstly have to say a big thank you to Kat for the inspiration and template for this card.  She very kindly sent me one of her cards to use as a template, as I'm totally useless at measuring.  Altho I've made one before from her template, this is the first time I've blogged - I forgot last time to take a pic before I sent it, me idiot!

Heavy on the old pictures here - only way to get a good idea of what it looks like:







What d'ya think?  I decided to go with the spirit of Using It Up and chucked loads of embellies and die-cuts at it (hoping that if I stick loads of stuff on it no-one will notice the terrible cutting and measuring!!!).

So I used:
The Greeting Farm - Happy Day set (got the boy image to share tomorrow), coloured with my Promarkers and Flexmarkers. Die-cut with a nestie and chalked while in the die.
Paper is a scrap from my scraps box - sorry no idea whose.
Cheery Lynn - Fanciful Flourish
Marianne Creatable - butterfly die (twice and layered for more effect)
Prima flowers (the big blooms) and Wild Orchid Crafts for the paper roses (are they roses?)
Ribbon and flower middles from my stuff.
Craftwork cards card blank (chopped and re-folded) and sentiment

Phew, that's a list - innit!  And absolutely nothing new was brought to use on this card - infact most of it is over 2 years old, am I good or what.

Hoping that everyone else has had a chance to get out and enjoy the sunshine, and that it lasts for tomorrow too - not that I'm going to get out in it.  I've got to sort Emily's old clothes out for a NCT sale that I'm doing on Saturday.

See ya soon,

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Passion for Promarkers: Week 138 - Colour challenge: pastel colours

Crafting when we can: Big Birthdays

Ladybug Crafts Ink: Pink and Girly

Crafting for all Seasons: Shaped cards

My Mum's Craft Shop challenge: Shaped cards

and just for fun:

Lisa's Waste not Wednesdays - week 9 already, my goodness where have the weeks gone!

34 comments:

nessy said...

love frilly!!! ooooooooooooh adorable ~ love it all!
vanessa xx

Kathleen said...

Love it!!! Sarah this is gorgeous, love that butterfly. Yes it does take me ages to make a card, usually around 2 hours, thats not including colouring of image.
Thanks soooo much for my lovely birthday card, and most certainly you are very special friend xx
Hugs
Kat xx

Teresa said...

Wow! Lizzy it's really beautiful and so delicate, absolutely love it. Hugs Teresa xx

Teresa said...

So sorry Sarah, I just came from Lizzy's blog and my Son was talking to me while I was commenting. Really do love your card SARAH! :o) xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, love the design. I hope the weather stays nice as I'm heading over to your neck of the woods at weekend. Got some supplies for Em but according to the weatherman it doesn't look too promising. Debs xx

DesignerDiva said...

Frilly and fabulous Sarah!! WOWSERS I love it!
Hugs Laurie xx

Christine L said...

What a fabulous card... With those gorgeous flourishes! I love the shape you've created too... Altogether so lush and lovely!
Hugs
Christine x

Jayne A said...

Very beautiful. You have outdone yourself this time, simply lovely.

Hugs
jayne
x

Unknown said...

Oooh you really have come back with a bang Sarah! Yesterday's card was gorgeous but this one just blows me away! Stunning!! I am so going to have to buy that fanciful flourish...I may pick it up at Leigh on Sunday.... ;)
Lizy x

Berry said...

This is so stunning! I love that image (haven't used them in an age but the Oliver stamp is so cute too isn't he the one with the dinosaurs?) I love all the embellies. Sometimes it can take me an age to put them all on sometimes they just come together really quickly, it's the colouring that takes me forever lol! You can also moan away I don't mind! But you are not allowed to say that you are not as good as some other crafters! Aren't we all?! I'm no Bev Rochester but hey! We all have our unique talents and yours are just as outstanding as others! Hugs r xx

Tracey T said...

Oh wow, Sarah! This is absolutely stunning! Definitely my favourite of your cards so far. This is obviously a style you do really well - lots of embellies but not too "heavy". You've done a brilliant job! It can take me a week to do a card sometimes, other time I can get one done in a day. Sometimes I start a card and two days later pull it apart and start again! And I keep "half done" cards on one side waiting for inspiration to strike! Humungous hugs, Tracey xx

Wendy said...

WOW Sarah, love this so much, it's absolutely gorgeous,what a fabulous shape.
Wendy xx

scrappymo! said...

Fantastic card. I wish I could see the inside construction as I have never made this type of folded card. Do you just attach the front folded part? Does the back have an attached piece too, or it cut from a longer piece of paper and just folded back?

So many questions...because I just love your card and want to try this style of fold.

catherine said...

This is stunning Sarah and so beautifully embellished. Everybody is just as good at each other I think and it's meant to be fun and your cards are beautiful.
x catherine

Anita said...

OMGosh, this is sooo gorgeous! No wonder it took you all day lol ... but it was time well spent Sarah.

xxxtglxxx said...

Takes. Me. Forever. ;)

I cant begin to tell you how long my cards make (esp. if I have hand-stitching) But then I feel that I have cheated or cut corners if I make a quick card.

This was totally worth the effort Sarah - its utterly gob-smacking :) Love the cute image (brilliantly coloured) , great shaped card and fantastic embellies! Its a stunner! :D

hugs

xxalisonxx

Pamela said...

Takes me ages too. This is gorgeous Sarah, so pretty.
Glad you are feeling better.

Pam x

Wendy Fraser said...

Such a pretty card, just gorgeous. xx

CraftyC said...

Oh Sarah, your card is stunning. I love every bit of detail!!
Clairexx

Sarah-Jane said...

Totally gorgeous card Sarah. Great colouring and I love all the embellishments.

Thank you for the lovely birthday card.

Sarah-Jane xx

Karen Petitt said...

Sarah this is amazing! Such a pretty and delicate card it's beautiful!
As for the card taking all day you're not the only one. When I'm working on something that's a bit more special or is a particular make it takes me more than a day hun so stop worrying! Karen x

Kim said...

Sarah this is beautiful. Wow!
I am glad to know I am not the only one who takes forever to complete a card!

Lily Anuska said...

Wow Sarah this is so beautiful. One of yours the best cards. Love it. Have a great weekend. Lily Anuska

Flowergirl said...

This is so beautiful, gorgeous shape and cute image x
Wendy x

Wishcraft said...

Oh WOW Sarah, this is fabulous! Ooh it really is just the prettiest card... can you tell I like it?!

Sorry I didn't visit earlier, I've not been very well. Thanks for playing along with my little challenge hun :o)

Oh, and it can take me absolutely AGES if I make an embellished card. Hours to colour the image sometimes, then the layout usually comes together fairly easily and I spend another few hours shuffling embellishments around lol. The CAS ones are SO much quicker! Hugs, Lisa x

pinky said...

This is just adorable. Thanks for joining us at Ladybug crafts Ink.
pinky

Poppet said...

A beautiful shaped card Sarah, just perfect for the gorgeous embellies you have used.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Catherine said...

Beautiful card and well worth the time you have put into it! Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight...

oheidia said...

Hi Sarah
Love your cute card using pastel colors. The image is so nice and your coloring is fab. Thanks for joining our challenge at pfp)

Pauline said...

Wow, this is just stunning!

Bianca said...

Oh, your card is so very amazing! I love the gentle colours and all the little details! I will vote for you if the team vote for the winner of our challenge! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Sarah, what a gorgeous card. I love the colours you've used and the image is adorable. Your embellishments are stunning. Thanks for joining us at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
I'm sorry my comment is late (story of my life at the moment lol!) x

Annette said...

Oooooooh what a lovely card! With such a details! He's stunning!wonderful flowers!
xoxo Annette

Tracy Heaton said...

Super shaped card. Thanks for joining us at MMCS
Tracy x