Followers

Sunday 11 March 2012

I shouldn't really be here!

Hi blogworld,

Firstly I'd like to say hello to my new followers - hello!!  So nice to see you here and I hope you like what you see!

Yep you got it another odd time for me to post - I really shouldn't be here (and I won't be for long!) but I've got a minute or two to do this very quick post.

Em was up at 5am (ish) this morning, tho I can't grumble as hubby finally got up with her properly about 6ish and let me have a lie-in until 7.30!!!!  Ooooh isn't that nice of him - and I mean that sincerely!

She was up so early as we were off to her best friends 5th birthday party at a local soft play / climbing thingy at 10am.  After that we went and did our shopping and she's fallen asleep in the car on the way home, so I'm typing this with one eye out the window (I was just sooo tempted to put that in my accent - winder! - that I had to add this little aside) and the other on the lappy.

I'm also cursing all the damn flies that have just woken up in the sunshine - one of the downsides of living surrounded with farmers fields.  Hate, hate, hate flies - sometimes can't even have one window open for 5mins without loads of the blooming things coming in.

One last thing - I have a question for you very clever ladies who make decorated hat/stick pins.  Where do you get your supplies?  I've seen lots of really pretty pins on cards and I'd like to have a go at making them - are they very difficult to do?  Any advice would be really appreciated - thank you!

Anyway, I think I said this would be quick - ha!

So the proper reason for this post - my card:

Front shot:

Detail of image:

I used:

Pollycraft Digi image: Moodles Fleur Flower - coloured with my Flexmarkers and Promarkers.
Die-cut with a nestie and chalked whilst in the die.
Paper: First Edition - Hideaway
Die-namics: Dainty Lace border die
Ribbon and button from my stuff.

OK that's me off - probably won't see you tomorrow, but I will be back later in the week.

Hope you all have this lovely weather, and are enjoying it fly free!

Aaah, and this is Sketch n Stash's sketch - but I've missed it!

Cheerio
Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Pollycraft Monday Challenge: Challenge #130 - Spring has sprung

I love Promarkers: Challenge #107 - Ribbons and bows

Totally Paper Crafts: Challenge 107 - My favourite things - they are: Promarkers / Flexmarkers, colour green, First Edition paper packs, ribbons!!

28 comments:

Juls said...

this is gorgeous!!! Love the soft colours! Hugs Juls

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card Sarah, love the pastel colours. No flies here, they would probably drown lol. Debs xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Sarah,love the colours.xxx

catherine said...

Fantastic card Sarah and love the image.
x catherine

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Ha ha! It's fly free here - too cold for the pesky things!!
Cute card - love the fresh, spring colours.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx

Karen Petitt said...

Really cute image, beautifully coloured hun!
This one is in Nottingham so is UK based:
http://www.mailorder-beads.co.uk/shop/miscellaneous-findings/
or from the USA:
http://www.manyhorses.com/store_hatpins.htm

Now I've not used either of them yet I want to UIU the one's I've got before buying new. However I am going to tweak them with beads left over from my jewellery making stage!
If you do order from them or find someone else who sells the supplies please let me know!
Karen x

Karen Petitt said...

Hi Sarah, it's me again! I can't get your email details for some reason otherwise I would have emailed you!
You can also buy the supplies for hat pins here:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Sparkles-Findings/_i.html?_nkw=hat+pins&submit=Search&_sid=127740378
Karen x

Little K Smith said...

Aw this is so sweet, I love the fresh spring colours and an adorable image too :)
Kelly.x

Wendy said...

Awwww So gorgeous Sarah, love the cute image and colours.
Wendy xx

scrappymo! said...

Sweet card...Sounds like the little one had fun!

I just picked up some swartzky (sp??) crystals for hat pin making. They were 50 % off at Michaels. I picked up the little clear end covers at the dollar store. They cover over the pointy end so you don't cut through the envelope etc. They are clear tips and sold as earing stoppers for hook in earings.
I now plan on garage sales and thrift shops for old bits of jewelery to take apart and remake.

coops said...

stunning card sarah.the image is so sweet and i love your gorgeous spring colours :D

xx coops xx

Jayne A said...

Great card Sarah. Love the cute image.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Jo said...

Gorgeous, Sarah, love the Spring colours and that image is sooo cute, i love it!We've had lovely weekend, too but them blooming flies....grrr!
Hugs Jo x

Cazza said...

Such a super cute card!
Thanks for playing along in our Spring challenge this week over at Pollycraft :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Sarah
Hugs Elaine

Kim said...

great card Sarah such cute image.
I so enjoy reading your posts you are always quite humerous, love it!

Anita said...

This is as cute as can be Sarah and I love the colors you chose.

debby4000 said...

Awww this is so cute Sarah and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Teresa said...

Good morning Sarah,
What a beautiful card,lovely spring colours. Thanks for visiting my blog over the weekend. Hugs Teresa xx

Anonymous said...

Such a cute image and love the spring colours!
Helen x

Sarah-Jane said...

Love the fresh Spring colours and the cute bunny.
I bought some cheap dress making pins that had largish heads on. Then I just added pretty beads and crystals that I had in my stash.
Sarah-Jane xx

Lily Anuska said...

Beautiful Sarah. Have a nice week. Lily Anuska

Berry said...

Fab work sweetie love your colours! I buy pins from all sorts of places I like the crown pins from WOC though. I have spacers and beads etc mostly from e bay. Some don't go over wider pins so you may have to watch how wide the pin is but invest in glossy accents to stick all the bits together! Hugs rebekah xx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, love the fresh spring colours.

I can't stand flies either, they irritate me sooo much... mind you, I don't like the heat much either so summer's not great all round lol. If only it could be spring all year! Lisa x

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Sarah :)

Too cold for the flies up here! lol ;)

Gorgeous spring card, lovely image and ribbon and bows.

Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

PS, I just use head pins and I buy them quite cheap on ebay (jewellery findings ) ;)

WeirdCat said...

Aww that's so cute, lovely design and colouring, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Hi sweetie, such a cute card, I love the image and the papers are gorgeous. I bought my pins and spacers from ebay and beads you can get pretty much anywhere, ebay, craft stores, buying cheap jewellery from charity shops etc and taking it apart. Yes stick pins are really easy to make and so relaxing to do, you really should give them a go I am sure that you would love it
Lindsay xx

Sue said...

Hi ya
great image, pretty papers & design,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, sue,x