Followers

Thursday 9 January 2014

First card of 2014

Hello blogworld,

Firstly I wanted to say thank you for the comments you've left on my Copic headspin moment.  If I haven't visited your blog to say thank you - I will do soon!

So here, is my first card of 2014.  I haven't coloured / made a card for nearly three weeks and boy can I see that!!  As always with the first card I make after a long break I'm not entirely happy with it - 'specially seeing as how I'm experimenting with the Copics - so please ignore the face!!!!!

Still it's done, and I'm sure the more I do the more into the swing I'll get.

Here we go:

Front shot:

The close up: (arrrrggh colouring!!)

The arty farty:

I used:

Digi stamp:
All Dressed Up Stamps - Three Little Party Girls
coloured with Copics, Graph'Its and ProMarkers

Dies:
Cheery Lynn - Flourish

Papers:
BoBunny - Isabella

Anything else?
Stickles glitter glue
Flower - from stash
Craftwork Cards - sentiment

My goodness this card was hard work.  Took me all day to make - not very productive, eh!!!  

Onwards and upwards, onwards and upwards.

See you soon,

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

In The Pink: Anything Goes

Sketch n Stash: Challenge 129

19 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Sarah what a wonderful card love the cute image so girly. Love Alison xx

Sarah said...

Very pretty Sarah and you have done a great job with the colouring. I know what you mean though, it's really hard to get to grips with a new colouring medium, so I sympathise! xx

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Sarah… what a sweet image and your colouring is awesome!! … I love the scrummy papers and pretty embellies! :-)
Take Care
Big hugs
Sue xx

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Sarah… what a sweet image and your colouring is awesome!! … I love the scrummy papers and pretty embellies! :-)
Take Care
Big hugs
Sue xx

Chris said...

it's beautiful, Sarah! Lovely and girly, sweetest of images and you're much too self-critical the colouring looks great!
Chris
x

Jane Savage said...

Lovely colour combo, Sarah, and your colouring is fab. Just look at those pleats and that hair!! xx

Ali said...

Aww think you've been a bit hard on yourself - its gorgeous and I love that flouish die!! I knew I had to get back to you I have a grand total of 3 copic (and a blender) I've got E00 and E02 for skin and R20 for colour to the cheeks but I watched a thing ages ago on create & craft and I thought they sold the Graph'its really well and could be tempted with them rather than spend more on Copics as tbh I hadnt realised how much more they are than promarkers

susiestacey said...

Lovely card Sarah, beautiful image and your colouring looks good to me x Susan x

coops said...

so gorgeous sarah.really pretty image and your design is beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, she's adorable and coloured beautifully.
Wendy xx

Wishcraft said...

Your colouring looks fabulous and so does your card, it's lovely :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Christine L said...

What a fabulous pink and girlie card... right up my street! Love the image, the design... and the layout too. The flower finishes it off so well!

Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink.... hope to see you here more in the future!

Hugs
Christine x

Janice said...

I love this little lady and your lovely card. Fantastic colouring, the skirt really flows, gorgeous Sarah. What's not to love about this card? Jx

scrappymo! said...

What a wonderfuly, feminine card. Lovin the pink and the flower and lovely fourish.

The colouring looks wonderful to me. I have not learned the skills for hair and skin yet...heck I have not yet learned shading!!!

Yours looks perfect to me!

Janet - aka stacky said...

Such a gorgeous card I love the sweet image and your beautiful colouring looks fabulous.
Thank you for joining in the fun with us at sketch n stash x

Unknown said...

This is stunning Sarah! Your colouring is fab! I love watercolouring now, with Stampin' Write markers, but I heard a rumour today that Stampin' Up! Are bringing out alcohol markers soon too...yay! :))
Lizy xx

mixamatoasties said...

Your colouring is lovely.... apart from the actual colour obviously ;) Fab card.

Susan xx

MagsB said...

This is so pretty, Sarah! I love the subtle pinks and greens - and what a sweet image!

love Mags B x

Cathy said...

Very cute card! I love the image and your coloring! I like the light pink applied to the background on the die cut!