Followers

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Headspin, Headspin, Headspin

Arrggghhh

Right, calm down and think!

Ladies (and gents) I'm on the verge of abandoning my Pros.  So I'm trying out Copics and Graph 'Its.

I've had a lovely little parcel arrive this morning with a few (yes, really - a few!) Copics in.  I've ordered some skin tones - and some browns for hair.

Hair - OK, I can deal with that.

Skin tones - this is the cause of the headspin - there are soooo many colour combos out there on the internet and I don't know where to start!

Can anyone help with what they use for Copics for skin colour?  I've got E000; E00; E11; E21; E50; E51 and E95.

Do you use these colours?  If so, what combos do you use?  I think I like E000; E00; E11 and E13 - but maybe I'm being a bit conservative?  Is it a wishy washy combo?

Thank you for all and any advice - I'm away to try out some more now and to surf a bit more and to try and actually make a card!!!!

Just one more question tho - if you do use Copics; do you have the whole set?  Or do you think a few colours from each family is enough?  There seem to be loads of colours!

Thanks again,
Sarah

5 comments:

Sarah-Jane said...

Happy New Year Sarah. Thank you for the lovely Christmas card, I'm sorry I didn't send one. I was running out of time making cards and then missed the last posting for Christmas, so I gave up!
I have a lot of copics, but have to say I don't use them all. I still struggle with colour combos, so just use what I know looks okay(ish). For skin I use E11 or E21, then E00 and E000. R20 for cheeks. Hope this helps.
Sarah-Jane x
What copics do you use for hair?

Ella's Design said...

Hi, Sarah! Can't believe you're leaving the Letraset fold...mind you, you don't have to!? What a lot of people tend to forget is that they are all alcohol based markers and can be mixed and matched, so why not use both? I wrangled with which pens to go for before I began colouring and ended up going with Promarkers purely on a cost basis! I do have to say I SO prefer the Flexmarkers and other pens do use a better colour system rather than just naming their colours?!! I think it is a case of trial and error with any colour combinations and you just have to play on a scrap of paper until you're happy! What you do find is, that once you find a combination you like, you stick to that FOREVER anyway!?! Hope you get friendly with your new Copics soon! Hugs, Lisa x

Tracey T said...

Ooh, isn't it lovely to try new crafty toys? I'm a Copic lover (although I'd quite like to give the Graph Its a go when finance allows) and I use this combo for my skin colours: E000 all over, then E00 over the top leaving a paler bit in the middle. E21 goes around the edges for shading, covered/blended with E00 again and then R20 for cheeks. I go over the lot one more time with E000 to soften any lines and get a good blend. Have you been on the Copic Marker Europe blog? It's good for tutorials and ideas. Wishing you a Happy New Year. Hugs, Tracey x

Tracey T said...

Ooh, isn't it lovely to try new crafty toys? I'm a Copic lover (although I'd quite like to give the Graph Its a go when finance allows) and I use this combo for my skin colours: E000 all over, then E00 over the top leaving a paler bit in the middle. E21 goes around the edges for shading, covered/blended with E00 again and then R20 for cheeks. I go over the lot one more time with E000 to soften any lines and get a good blend. Have you been on the Copic Marker Europe blog? It's good for tutorials and ideas. Wishing you a Happy New Year. Hugs, Tracey x

susiestacey said...

I love my copics Sarah - l tried pros but just did not seem to get a good blend. I use E21 E00 E000 then R20 for cheeks and blend out again with E000, then l use a prisma pencil - Nectar on cheeks and hairline and blend with sansador but am sure you will find a combo that suits you. Just practice till you are happy. Do you need them all??? of course you do lol x Susan x