Followers

Thursday 16 January 2014

Little Miss Muffet

Good morning blogworld

I had some good news a few weeks ago - I won a challenge over at Little Miss Muffet Challenge blog and, alongside the prize itself, was asked if I'd like to make something for a Guest spot.  Of course I said yes!! I've never done a Guest Design before and was well chuffed to be asked!

The challenge theme is 'What a fuss' - so fussy cutting.  Now a year or so ago I would've almost changed my mind when I heard that!  But I'm practising my cutting skills (I wonder if my bad scissorship is because I'm left handed?) and I'm slowly getting better.  In fact, so much so that I'm beginning to prefer cutting out the image than putting it through me Cuttlebug!

Anyways - before I bore you all to death - here's the card:

The Front Shot:

His Close Up:

 The Arty Farty:
I used:

Digi Stamp:
coloured with Copics and ProMarkers

Papers:
Echo Park - A Boy's Life

Anything else?
Arrows, sentiment - We Are Memory Keepers; Whiteout 
Twine from B&Q!!

And that's about it folks!  It's just time to say thanks to Faye for asking me to GDT, a complete privilege and sooo exciting!

And apologies again for not blogging much just lately - still getting back into the craft habit!!

Hopefully see you all soon.

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Charisma Cardz Challenge: Challenge #2 - It's a boy thing


19 comments:

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Hi Sarah, it's so nice to have you at Little Miss Muffet this week and with a fabby card. Loving the cute colours. You do have left handed scissors, don't you?! ;) xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Go You , What a great Place to be Guest Designer. Love your Card its sooo sweet, Hope alls well, Love Hazelxoxo

Jane Savage said...

Great card, Sarah. Fabulous colouring (got to grips with your Copics then!).
I'm right-handed and scissorly challenged so what's my excuse!! :D xx

Judith said...

ooo well done on the GDT spot. Love this cute card love the LO - i always used to wonder what people meant by fussy cut - then I realised they just meant cutting out!- i used to do that with all my cut out dolls I used to make as a child so no probs for me!! hugs Judith xx

scrappymo! said...

Congratulations on the guest design spot! Well done!
You card is so cute. Loving the twine crisscrossed behind the image!

susiestacey said...

Lovely card Sarah and the colouring looks fab x Susan x

coops said...

so stunning sarah.i love your design and fantastic LLM image :D

xx coops xx

Ella's Design said...

Hi, Sarah! Love your fab CAS card - that little boy image is so sweet and the papers and embellies are just lush! I have to say, I love cutting out and am a definite scissors girl...none of this craft knife mullarkey! Hugs, Lisa x

Lisa xx said...

oooh what a little sweetie, gorgeous design and image xx

Sue said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Sarah.
Your card is gorgeous, I love the cute image, fabulous colouring and brilliant layout too.
Sue xx

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card Sarah, love the design and Congrats on your GDT spot!
Helen x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Sarah. Love the image and paper.
Hugs Sharon. x

MagsB said...

Congrats on your GDT spot! What a fab boys' card! Such an adorable image - and fussy cut beautifully, if I may say so! I also love the multicoloured 'Party' letters!

love Mags B x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations on your DT Spot Sarah, Love the card it is so cute. Love Alison xxx

Christine L said...

Fabulous fussy cutting hon... gorgeous card... and well done on your GDT spot!

Hugs
Christine x

Wishcraft said...

Fab design Sarah, this is such a cute card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

mixamatoasties said...

I love him! I need to get him :) Fab card.

Susan xx

Emma said...

Fab card for a boy love the simplicity of it. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this fornight for our 'It's a boy thing' Challenge xx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

your cutting skills are fabulous, this is so adorable and I had not seen that image before, I LOVE IT!!!