Followers

Thursday 8 December 2011

Help I'm buried under a pile of Christmas cards!

And this silly computer just went an published a blank post - arrrgghh!

Anyway, now those hicups are over - hello blogworld.

So how is everyone?  All well and hopefully to my Scottish bloggy friends keeping safe in this dreadful wind.  We've had a windy afternoon, but nothing compared to what I've been watching on telly!

Right not much has happened since last time I was here, so I'm going to get on with posting my cards and then I'm going to go catch up on my commenting.  So this will probably be the shortest post ever from me!

My cards I'm entering into the Totally Gorjuss challenge, which is a sketch and I liked it so much I made two cards from the same sketch.

Here they are:

Card 1:


and close up of image to try and show the wonderful glittery wings:


For this one I used:

Saturated Canary image: Christmas Angel; coloured with my Promarkers - die-cut with a Go-Kreate die and chalked while still in the die for definition.  For once it's not Stickles glitter glue - but Stickles Ice, much bigger chunks of glitter for that wow factor.
The patterned paper was free with a mag, the green paper from a Papermania paper stack.
The border is a CC Designs die - Teardrop.
Ribbon, flowers and brad are from my stuff
I made the card blank and a Craftwork Cards sentiment die-cut

Card number two:


 Detail shot again for glittery effect:

And I used:


Saturated Canary image: Molly the Elf; coloured with my Promarkers - die-cut with a Go-Kreate die and chalked while still in the die for definition.  Stickles Ice glitter glue.
The patterned paper was free with a mag, going to have to go and check where I got the other papers from.
The border is a die as well, and I can't remember whose it is at the mo, I will check that when I check the papers.
Ribbon and star are from my stuff
I made the card blank and a Craftwork Cards sentiment die-cut.

So hope all is going well for you and I'm off now to catch up with everyone!

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Totally Gorjuss - Challenge 109 - Sketch (great sketch!)

18 comments:

Laney said...

LOL!! wish I was Sarah still making mine!!
hugs
laney

Sarah-Jane said...

I've given up with mine! I might try and finish them off at the weekend.
Sarah-Jane xx

Kathleen said...

So lovely Sarah, and your right its a great sketch. Love the richness of the papers and your colouring is fab.
I have not set foot outside all day as the winds are unbelievable, its been quite frightening.
Love and hugs Kat xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Hi Sarah, I just popped back to say your cards are fab. I love the images and papers. I couldn't see the cards when I first left a comment!
Sarah-Jane xx

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards Sarah.xxx

Berry said...

Oh so totally cute both of tem! I do love that Elf image and don't have her YET! I still have far too many xmas cards to make oh well some peeps might just get nothing lol! hugs Rebekah xx

Anita said...

Oh they're beautiful Sarah. Your coloring looks fabulous and those images are just too sweet.

Jayne A said...

Beautiful cards.I really love the elf image.

I had a bit of a productions line going this evening with my Christmas cards. I resorted to cheating and broke out the cricut and a Christmas cartridge.

Jayne
x

Julie C. said...

Those paper look familiar... Oh, I got them too but not had the chance to use them yet. ^_^ Both of your cards are lovely!

Dawn said...

Wonderful cards! The images are are adorable and your colouring is fabulous.

Hugs, Dawn

Pauline said...

These are just beautiful, and your colouring is fantastic!

Christine L said...

Ooooh gorgeous cards hon!
Hugs
Christine x

Juls said...

these are gorgeous cards! Love the colours you have used! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

2 beautiful cards, I must look at these Sat Canary images. Lovely work hon

craftymum said...

two gorgeous cards. thank you for joining us at TG this week

hugs Sarah x

p.s. I have candy on my blog and you can enter your cards into Hotshot Crafts first challenge too

coops said...

fantastic cards sarah.love the gorgeous sc images and your colours and designs are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

nessy said...

oh sarah what adorable cards ~beautifully coloured ~ love the papers you have used and the bit of sparkle!!
keep warm!
vanessa xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This are brilliant love the images you have used
Lindsay xx