Followers

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Just to keep you going

Hi Blogworld,

Well if you are reading this it means that old bloggy's scheduler has worked, as we are off in London on our jollies!  Hubby decided last minute, which for him is unheard of!, that as Emily's school was breaking up for Christmas so early this year that we would take a trip to that there London!

So I should be doing the whole touristy thing while this is publishing, hope I'm having a good time!  No doubt I will waffle on about it when I get back - and have lots of pictures to bore you with.

I wanted to do this post in case anyone was wondering how come I hadn't replied to your comments - not being rude, just not here!

I will do my best to catch up when we return - but in the meantime here is a card to keep you going:

Front shot:

Detail shot of image:

I used:
Lili of the Valley stamp - Maisie Two Balloons, coloured with my Flexmarkers and Promarkers and highlighted with (you guessed it!) Stickles ;-)
Nesties to die-cut and mount image.
I can't remember whose sentiment I used for the greeting and I'm not even sure I like it - I was trying to go for the curled around the frame look, but I don't think it worked!
Cuttlebug embossing folder.
I think the paper is from a First Edition pad.
Got the flower trim and corner from the Lincoln paper show - finally cut into one of the two packs of trim I got - oooh it felt bad using it!!

So no challenges at the mo, will do the linky thing when we get back.

This explains why I have been so organised with Christmas - had to be otherwise we'd run out of time!

Hope everyone well and see's ya soon!

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Passion for ProMarkers - Week 129 Mega Christmas Challenge

22 comments:

Wendy said...

This is so pretty Sarah, adorable image...Hope you are having a great time in London.
Wendy xx
Love my card Sarah, it's absolutely gorgeous, thank you xx

Catherine said...

Really pretty card, hope you had fun in London...

An Occasional Genius said...

So beautifully pretty hon! Hope you're having a ball. Look forward to the waffle & pics xx

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous Sarah,enjoy London.xxx

Little K Smith said...

A gorgeous card Sarah, I love the soft pretty colours and the lush ribbon trim too :)
Kelly.x

Jayne A said...

gorgeous card.Hope you have a great time down here in London.

Jayne
x

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card!!!

nessy said...

just an adorable card sarah ~love the soft pinks ad those gorgeous flowers!!
have a wonderful christmas time...will love seeing the photos!!
vanessa xx
ps maybe next time you could make it down to the dorset coast, and come and say hi??...or maybe will will be up to lincolnshire!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous and so cute.
luv
Debby

Juls said...

this is so sweet! Love the soft pinks! Hugs Juls

Anita said...

This is gorgeous Sarah! I hope you're having a fabulous time.

sallysbitz2 said...

Gorgeous card Sarah x

Hope you would have had a good trip.

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Brenda Brown said...

A gorgeous card Sarah, so pretty.
I hope you are having a lovely time in London and get to see all the lights.
Merry Christmas to you and yours and very best wishes for the coming new year.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh my, I havent been to London for years! :) I hope you have a smashing time mooching around ;)

What a fabulous surprise from your husband!

I love your pretty card. It reminds me, I have this image yet to be used! lol.

Love the ribbon rose trip and the soft pale colours.

Merry Christmas hun,

hugs

xxalisonxx

coops said...

so stunning sarah.i love your beautiful soft colours and the image and sparkle are gorgeous :D
i hope you`re all having a good time in london.

xx coops xx

Faye said...

Hiya Sarah, this is soooooo, soooooo pretty. I absolutely love it. Hope you're having a gorgeous time in London. Have a super Christmas and New Year. xxx

Pauline said...

How gorgeous, such a lovely image, and so nice to see a card that's not a Xmas card!

Hope you have a fab time in London, and wishing you a very merry Christmas!

Arabella said...

This is adorable Sarah! I hope you are having a fabulous time in London! Merry Christmas!

Hugs!

Arabella

Flowergirl said...

Beautiful card Sarah.
Hope you had a fab time in london x
Merry Christmas
Wendy x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fab card and such a sweet image. Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a happy crafty new year
Lindsay xx

Debs said...

a very pretty card :0)..thanks for sharing with us at Passion For ProMarkers..hugs Debs x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Sarah,
This looks gorgeous. Love the image & fab layout. Thanks for joining us for our Mega Christmas Challenge at Passion For Promarkers.
Hugs,
Andie xx