Followers

Saturday 10 December 2011

Not Christmas

Hello blogworld

So I think I've finished my Christmas cards, but you never know - there is always one that arrives last minute that you didn't realise you were going to get and so I'm still plodding on making a few extra.  Already sent out 17 of them!

Anyway, onto the card I'm posting today.  It's a bit out of the ordinary for me and inspired by the colouring on a recent card that coops made and that the optional theme for Sugar Nellie this challenge is to try something unusual.  So this is a la coops - thanks for the inspiration coops!


Please don't laugh too loud at the greys, I've only got the one full set of greys with two warm greys so wasn't sure whether it was working or not.  But, hey we've all got to start somewhere and I'm sure I'll be investing in some more greys in the January sales!

So I used:

Sugar Nellie stamp - Gorjuss; sent with Love coloured with my Promakers, die cut and mounted onto nesties.
The swirls around the edge are one of the Lili of the Valley additions clear corners.
'Just a note' is a £1 bargain stamp.  Die cut with shapeabilities.
The papers are all from First Editions Isabelle pad.
The corner are two Marianne Creatables swirls put together - I really need to get some corner dies!
Ribbons are from my stuff.

So hope you are all well, and I'm making real efforts to get round to all your blogs, but please excuse me if I'm not there very often things are very hectic at home just now.

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

The Sugar Bowl - Challenge 73; Cathy's Sketch (optional theme - do something unusual)

TotallyPaperCrafts - Challenge 96; Anything but Christmas







17 comments:

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya, this looks really cool coloured with greys what a fab idea, gorgeous card,

Liz x

Kathleen said...

Hi Sarah, fab card I love the colours of the papers and your monochrome greys look brilliant.
Love and hugs
Kat xx

Wishcraft said...

Well I think the image looks gorgeous! Fab papers too, a lovely card hun :o) Lisa x

Doreen said...

It's a gorgeous card Sarah,love the image.xxx

Sarah-Jane said...

Great card. I think I might give colouring in grey tones a try, thanks for the inspiration!
Sarah-Jane xx

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah, I love this, the soft green paper really look great with the grey coloured image, love it xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sarah :-) the image is lovely and beautifully coloured :-) the warm greys look fabulous !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Turtle In The Sand said...

Love the grays. Never thought to do a gray card. Thanks for playing with us at Totally PaperCrafts this week. **Linda

Pauline said...

Oh this is beautiful! Love the shading of this sweet image!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Sarah.
Luv
Debby

coops said...

fantastic card sarah.really love your grey tone colouring of the gorgeous gg girl and thanks so much hun for the mention...... blush :D

xx coops xx

Berry said...

This is totally fab sarah you have done a fine job with those greys! Sometimes it's easier with less options! Hugs Rebekah xx

Craftdee said...

I think your card is lovely; the image and colouring match the papers so well. I know what you mean about corner dies, every time I go to buy one I "find" another Nestie or something and grab that instead... if only I were rich and famous! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet comments, I do appreciate it (even though I don't always get the time to visit back (we're in the summer here and work in the swimming pool industry...MADness 'til Christmas, lol) I love your Sweet Canary cards too, and when I get time I'll pop back and browse some more! Donna

Flowergirl said...

This is stunning Sarah! Love the greys, such great effect. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, you are more than welcome to ramble anytime!
Wendy x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Oh wow! I love this, its so beautiful love the colours and the way you have done the image is just gorgeous
Lindsay xx

Faye said...

Fab monochrome colouring. xxx

Juls said...

this is gorgeous!!! Love the soft colours! Hugs Juls