Followers

Thursday 29 December 2011

No I've not dropped off the face of the Earth!

Hello blogworld

I did warn you it might be a while until you saw me again and it has been!  Can you believe that Christmas has come and gone and now we are heading up in to a new Year?

Our Christmas was quiet - as it always is, but at least this year we didn't have to deal with a complete melt down from Emily.  She was actually very good.  She didn't get up until 7am and then it took her about 20mins until she realised that it was Christmas day and then it took 3 goes of running from our bedroom to hers until she managed to look into her stocking and realise that she had some presents!

She really is such a good little girl and honestly thought that the presents in her stocking were all she was getting and was happy with that - then when we got downstairs she thought the first few presents were all she was getting and was happy with that - and then when she realised she was getting lots of present she was over the moon!!

Sharing a picture of pre-Christmas decorating the tree in the conservatory:


Anyway Christmas is over for another year and so - moving on.

Here is my card for hubby's birthday:

As you can see, he turns 50 today.  Unfortunately nothing exciting has happened, he has hurt his back and has spent most of the day taking pain killers and resting on the sofa!

I used:
Pollycraft digi: Maurice Hot Stuff, coloured with my Promarkers.  Then Distress inked the edge of the image and stamped a Lili of the Valley sentiment stamp in the same ink.
Papers are all from a First Edition paper stack (they were left on my table from something else - so I know they are First Edition but I can't remember which pad!).
Sentiment is from a Fiskars stamp set.
Numbers and paper string from my stuff.
Punched the edge of the card that I mounted the stripy paper on (will go check which punch).


Hope everyone had a happy Christmas and there were some wonderful things in your stockings!

See you soon,
Sarah

A challenge or two:

Pollycraft Challenge - Challenge #121; Punch it

Charisma Cardz Challenge - Week #50; Anything goes

I love Promarkers - Challenge 97; Anything goes

Passion for Promarkers - Week 129 - Celebrations (2nd entry)

9 comments:

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Sarah !

What a lovely card. Original stamp.Intersting layout. Beautiful papers.Congratulations !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

The good end of year !
Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, love the image! Glad you had a good Christmas!
Helen x

Juls said...

love this card .. he is such a cute little charicter! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog and for following me! It's always nice to get a new follower so I've returned the favour and have had a look through your blog too - I love your cards they are fab! Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas and Happy Birthday to your hubby, I hope he recovers from his injury soon.

Sheena
xxx

coops said...

fantastic male card sarah.the image is brilliant and fab design :D
your pic of emily is beautiful, one for framing i think :D

xx coops xx

Karen said...

Great card Sarah, love the fun image, thanks for joining us at I ♥ proMarkers.
xx

Vee said...

A great male card. Thanks for playing with Charisma.
xx Vee

Pauline C said...

Great fun card Sarah - sure your husband will love it! Thanks for joining in the I ♥ Promarkers Challenge this week, and Happy New Year!
Pauline x

Arabella said...

Fab card Sarah! What a great sentiment and your layout is lovely!

Aww and how sweet is your daughter?! She must have been totally in awe of all the prezzies!

I hope your husband's back is better by now!

Thanks for joining us for the Punch It challenge at Pollycraft!

Arabella