Followers

Tuesday 15 May 2012

I'm stuck!

Hello blogworld

As I look at the clock now, it's 13:17 on Tuesday afternoon and I'm stuck. I broke my C plate on my Cuttlebug yesterday - hubby has gone shopping and is going into a craft shop (shock breath there!) to buy a replacement but he's had to take the plate with him to make sure he's got the right one.  So I'm stuck!  I knew I used my lil' bug a lot, but I didn't realise quite how much a lot was!  I've got three cards to get done this week and now I'm awaiting on hubby to come back before I can get on with them.

So I thought I'd blog the card that broke the bug and say hello to you all!  I'm really behind with commenting right now, have to be honest and say I'm struggling to get back into routines (again!) so if I'm not visiting your blog please excuse me and I'm sure I'll be back soon!  That is unless my not visiting you is a good thing!!

I'm also slightly distracted by a new arrival at our house - a stray little cat!  We went out to the beach on Saturday and found this very hungry, very thin, very young cat wandering about begging for food.  Long story short - it's now residing at our home, while we try and find it's owners, or a rescue place to take it if it's been dumped, and it's not getting on very well with our elderly female!  The boy of the house is OK-ish with it, but oh my goodness the elderly lady is not!  Our Katie is such a placid cat that it was a real shock to see her growling, hissing and spitting at this little 'un - of course the little 'un gave as good as it got - and we are now trying to get them to all be calm until we find out what to do with the visitor.  Unfortunately Emily has really taken to the new cat and wants to keep it!  Oh dear, trouble ahead I think!

Anyhows, waffle, waffle, blah, blah, over - here's my card:

Front shot:

Detail of image:

I used:

Stamp:
Sugar Nellie: Daisy, coloured with my Promarkers and Flexmarkers
I also used a gel pen (hmm not liking the cheeks!)

Dies:
Nestie squares
Memory Box - Elegant Scrollwork

Papers:
First Edition - Bird Song

Others:
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards
String and flowers from my stash
(the little green resin flower was a freebie in with an order from Teresa at My Crafty Heart, it's very sweet and I can see me ordering some, soon!!)

So hoping that everyone is keeping well and I will try to be back soon with more cards and, of course, tales of the goings on in cat house.

Cheerio
Sarah

A challenge, or two:

The Sugar Bowl: Challenge 83 - Kiki's Sketch, with the option of your favourite Sugar Nellie stamp.  I thought long and hard about this one - but it has to be said for sheer cuteness - Daisy does it every time!  She might even be the first stamp I brought from Funky Kits, but it's been so long I'm not sure!!!

Totally Gorjuss: Challenge 131 - Pink and Green

Bunny Zoe's: Challenge 24 - Anything Goes

23 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Sarah. Your card is beautiful with a cute image and gorgeous colours.
Oh dear, poor Cuttlebug broken, doesnt it just hold everything up, especially when you sort of rely on it. I use mine a lot too Sarah, so I best be careful, haha.
Love Sandra xxx

Kim said...

Oh Sarah she is definitely the cutest! Beautiful card! I love the papers you chose, the go perfectly. Hope you get your replacement plate soon!

Berry said...

This is a lovely card pity about what it did to the bug! Such a sweet image. Poor little cat too at least you are nursing it back to good health for the moment
Hugs rebekah xx

Doreen said...

Oh dear I would be lost without my bug too.....your card is gorgeous Sarah,love the image.xxx

Vicky said...

So adorable Sarah...and my fave SN stamp too hun :o)

Hope your bug is working soon for you sweetie...and the poor wee puddy cat..at least he is being cared for now....

big hugs Vicky xx

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful beautiful card Sarah, the papers, the image the colours everything is totally gorgeous!
Behind in commenting is fast becoming the only thing I'm good at! I missed your card below, I love that LOTV image and you have made a fab job of it!
I broke my CB just before Christmas, I pinged the sides off and ended up buying a Grand Calibur instead, found it too chunky to use all the time and then got a new CB too!
Hugs Laurie xx

Flowergirl said...

So pretty Sarah! Love this stamp, its just so beautiful,
Hope you get your new Bug plate! I broke my Big Shot one a couple of weeks ago, and was totally lost without it!
Wendy x

Juls said...

I do love "daisy" your colouring is fab, and I love the fabby combo of papers you have used! Hugs Juls

mixamatoasties said...

Beautiful card Sarah. Even with the **** content. Gotta love a Daisy card though. Been a while since I inked her up.

Susan xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Such a beautiful card Sarah love the colours you have used. Hope your cuttlebug is all better now. One of my B plates is all misshapen hopefully it will last a bit longer. Alison. xxxx

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card! Such a sweet image :-) Good luck with your cuttlebug and cat situation! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

catherine said...

Beautiful card Sarah and love that image. Sounds like your visitor may be here to stay - good luck!!.Hope hubby solves your cuttlebug dilemma soon
x catherine

Wendy said...

This is so gorgeous Sarah, love Daisy and the papers are beautiful...Do hope hubby managed to get you a new c plate, I would be lose with out my bug too.
Wendy xx

coops said...

wow this is beautiful sarah.gorgeous pretty colours and papers and i love the sweet daisy :D

xx coops xx

Wendy Fraser said...

Such a pretty card, lovely image and so beautifully coloured xx

Wishcraft said...

So gorgeous Sarah! Love Daisy and love how you've coloured her too. Hope you got the CB sorted - I'm glad it's not just me who breaks the plates ;o) Good luck settling in your new little cat, you know he's going to have to stay now don't you?! Hugs, Lisa x

Sharon said...

Hiya Sarah, your card is absolutely beautiful. Your colouring is superb. Just love EB's little Daisy too. Thanks for joining us at TG, hope to see you back again on Saturday. hugs Sharon

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous I love the image and that is one of my favorite die cuts, such a pretty card. I am the same with commenting, I used to have a routine but now it's long gone and it's a case of whenever I get the chance, hope your bug has recovered now
Lindsay xx

Julie C. said...

What a beautiful card! I love that stamp image too. I hope your hubby has come back with the right plate and you find a home for that poor little cat soon. Take care!

Janine said...

This is a gorgeous card Sarah. The Sugar Nellie stamp is so cute.
I have just become a follower after seeing your lovely cards. I would like to nominate you for the Liebster Blog Award. Please check out my blog for more details.
Hugs, Janine xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Gorgeous card Sarah. Love the pretty papers. I took in a stray kitten once, my two cats went crazy, they hated the kitten. Thankfully I found him a new home quite quickly.
Sarah-Jane xx

Arabella said...

This is gorgeous Sarah! Beautiful colouring! I hope all goes well with the cat!

Arabella

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous colouring, sorry not been around Sarah been laid up with a virus but thankfully okay now! I remember when we bought a new cat into our family - the hissing and growling is very impressive if somewhat shocking! They will settle down, the young one will learn to avoid the older one and they will 'rub' along, but it does take quite a while. Doesn't sound like it needs a new home - it's already at home! hugs Karen x