Followers

Friday 25 May 2012

Oh, sugar (and not in a nice way!)

'morning blogworld,

Before I forget again - I wanted to say hello to my new followers.  What a way to start following someone, eh - with them moaning their heads off!!!!  Hope you don't pack up and leave - bear with me, I don't moan that much I think anyway ;-)

I would say good morning but I fear it is not a 'good' morning - to begin with I needed a card for tomorrow.  It's now done but it's been a terrible faff to get there and I don't like it!  I know I say that quite a lot with my cards, but this one I mean it.  I will be glad when it's gone!

I decided to try bright colours again, but I don't think they work with the image I picked, I don't know that you can see the sketch I tried to follow and, to top it all off, I went and dropped an ink pad on the the card (hence the cover up part that doesn't follow the sketch).

So apart from the good weather - I'm a moaning minney today.

Oh and Miss Miss Tinker - well s/he is a mouser!  So far, after being let out for a decent time on her own yesterday and today she's rewarded us with 4 mice - two expired, two alive!!

Here's hoping this has not set the tone for the weekend, as it's my great spend up on Sunday!!  I can't say that I've rigidly stuck to my budget - I haven't! - but I've been better.  Checking the money programme that hubby has on his 'puter, I have roughly spent half the amount of money on craft stuff at this point in the year that I had last year.  Hmmm, does that make sense to anyone?  Basically I've spent less this year than I had this time last year.  So not bad - let's hope I can carry on like this the whole year.

So onto my card - urgh, I'm not one of those who only shows their successes that you can say for sure with this one!!!

Front shot: I tried colouring my backing paper with the same Promarkers that I used and it's gone blotchy.  I don't think the little boy whose card it is will care - hope his parents think it's intentional!!

Detail of image:

I used:

Stamp:
Lili of the Valley - By the River : coloured with my Promarkers

Dies / punches
Nestie circle
Martha Stewart border punch

Papers:
echo park - Splash

Everything else:
twine, button, die-cut sentiments - from my stuff

There I'm glad that's over with, I'll still link up with the sketch but I think I will quickly forget about this card!!

Hope you are all enjoying the good weather and see's ya later,
Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Sketch n Stash: Challenge 88 - Jen's sketch.  I do hope you can still see the original sketch, if you want you can read the waffle above about why it isn't exact!!

and for fun:

Lisa's - Waste not Wednesdays, back to stamps this time Lisa.  Can't remember when I brought this one, but I know I've not used it as I had to cut the excess rubber off.

21 comments:

Sarah-Jane said...

Hi Sarah, I have my DT hat on today.
I like the bright colours and I love the fish paper. Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch n Stash. If you really don't like your card, you could always do another one. You can enter the SnS challenge as many times as you like :)
Sarah-Jane xx

Flowergirl said...

Hi Sarah, hope your day has improved, I really like this card! The bold colours make it stand out and it does work with the image! Your too hard on yourself!
Hope you have a good weekend and a good spend up!
Wendy x

Tanya said...

Hi Sarah, I think we've all been there! I know exactly how you feel - I dropped an inkpad on a card a couple of weeks ago, soooo frustrating!

I think this card worked out really well! It's gorgeous, the bright colours are lovely, and I think any little boy would love it - and his parents will too :D

Our cats are hunters too, except lately it's been birds - 7 this week :( murderers the lot of them!

Tags xx

DesignerDiva said...

Lol Sarah you are hard on yourself Mrs - I think your card is gorgeous and I like the brighter colours and papers - maybe you will lighten up on yourself after the big spend up lol.
And as for live mice!!! that cat would have to go!!
Laurie xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the image, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Arabella said...

Hi Sarah, I hope your day got better! I really like this card! The bright colours are awesome and you have coloured the image so beautifully! I love the Make a Wish tag too!

Arabella

PS Well done for halving your craft spending! I think I've gone in the other direction!

coops said...

gorgeous card sarah.i really love the bright colours and the image is just fab :D

xx coops xx

catherine said...

I think the boy will love it Sarah and just perfect for the occassion. The bright colours really suit it. Now I don't know how I would get on with the mouse situation as I really don't like them especially the latter ones still moving!!!.Glad the cat feels at home!. Hope you have a great weekend
x catherine

Jo said...

You're too hard on yourself!It's a fab card....great image and lovely bright colours.....perfect for a young boy!Hope you have a lovely weekend....mice and all!
Hugs Jo x

Wendy said...

Fabulous boys card Sarah, I think the papers and bright colours look great with the image...try not to be too hard on yourself, I love all your cards...enjoy the weekend.
Wendy xx

Wishcraft said...

Well I think it's fab missus! Super cute image, love the bright colours and a great save with the cover up - I once dropped an ink pad on an image I'd just finished colouring... not good when it can take me a couple of hours to finish one! Oh, and I also dropped my sample card onto an inked up stamp when I was doing a demo - that was a bit embarrassing lol!

Fingers crossed the mice are just a big thank you gift for letting her stay - maybe she'll settle down now she's delivered some pressies!

Thanks for joining in with my WNW challenge hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Wendy said...

Forgot to say, have a fabulous time at the show Sunday and you have done really well with your crafty budget so far this year, wish I could say the same lol...Have fun.
Wendy xx

Berry said...

Ooo I like this, the bright colours are great the papers are fab! I know what you mean though esp when you HAVE to make a card it doesn't always go to plan and I have dropped many an ink pad or inky finger on my project and had to cover it up! Hope you have a better weekend, my day has been full of argumentative children and can do nothing but get better surely this wkend! Hugs Rebekah xx

Rachel said...

Such a variety of mice, Miss Miss Tinker really loves you! Gorgeous card, love the bright colours. Hope you have a good weekend, Wedgie xxx

Hazel said...

Hi Sarah

I don;t think there is anything wrong with your card I for one like the bright colours.

My little cat Winston is a mouser too - I;ve had up to 4 mouses in a day one alive, two dead and one with the well yucky bits left.

Thanks for dropping in and leaving me a comment.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Toodles

Hazel xx

An Occasional Genius said...

I love this card, the bright colours work fabulously...I don't know what you're waffling on about!

Anyway you go & enjoy your spend up, you've done really well cutting down your craft spending. have a great day & think of me with my jelly & ice cream lol!! xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card love the cute image and the papers you've used thanks for joining us at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

Wendy Fraser said...

Fantastic boy's card, such a great image and I love the colours xx

mixamatoasties said...

I love that image. Not used him in a long time. And your card is fine. But I know what you mean. I often have cards that I really hate!

Susan xx

xxxtglxxx said...

This is cute, bright and FUN! :) I like it hun!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Jen Nelson said...

fabulous card! thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash for my sketch

jen xxx