Followers

Wednesday 2 May 2012

It's all grey here!

Hello blogworld,

So as promised here I am again - did you enjoy the day off from my waffle yesterday?

This time I'm here with my DT card for the new challenge at Divas by Design and this time we would like to see your Monochromatic (part of the definition is 'having, or appearing to have, only one colour') creations.

Our sponsor this week is:


I chose to go with shades of grey to black, accented by white, and this is what I ended up with:

Front shot:

Detail shot of image:

I used:

Digi stamp:
Saturated Canary: Hollywood, but I can't find her in the shop at the mo.  This time I used my Prisma pencils for the dress (I'm absolutely rubbish at colouring black with my Pros!), Promarkers for her hair / skin and chalked for definition on the background.

Dies / Punches:
Circular Nestie

Papers:
 Die Cuts with a View stack
Swirls - Craftwork cards

Others:
Craftwork cards - card blank and sentiment
Pom-pom trim from my stuff

There you go, hope you like what you see!  I'd love to see your creation, why not pop over to the challenge to get more inspiration from my marvellous Teamies and I'll keep an eye out for your entry!

Cheerio
Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Sketch Saturday: Week #205

Crafty Sentiments Designs: Spots or Stripes

Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes

27 comments:

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Sarah..beautifully coloured and I so love her hair...!

Big hugs Vicky xx

Angie said...

Fabulous card thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab papers.xxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow Sarah this is gorgeous! Love your colouring and the black and white theme is so elegant :)

Unknown said...

Just beautiful hon. Fab colouring & so very effective x

melsanford said...

Beautiful card! I love the monochrome look :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Tracey T said...

Wow, Sarah, this is stunning! Love chalked background - it's really efffective. Hugs, Tracey x

Flowergirl said...

Stunning card! Really looks fab in Greys, very dramatic!
Wendy x

Jo said...

Hi Sarah, wow, she's fab!Love the image and layout and her hair is awesome!Oooo, and those little pom pom's look great!Hope you're well!
Hugs Jo x

pinky said...

Gorgeous card, love the pompoms. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
Pinky

coops said...

fabulous card sarah.stunning sassy image and i love your colouring and design :D

xx coops xx

Anne-Marie said...

I popped in to say a big THANK YOU for leaving such a nice comment....and agreein' with me!....when I was having a mini-moan day...haaa!
Lovin' what I'm seeing here, so have become a stalker. ;p

Jac’s Playground said...

Vey stylish and elegant thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is stunning Sarah, fabulous colouring!
Helen x

Wendy said...

This is stunning Sarah, she is gorgeous, fabulous colouring, love it.
Wendy xx

Kathleen said...

Oooh its fabulous Sarah! Love it! Im rubbish too with blacks with promarkers or copics, just cant get it right. This is just so great.
Thanks for your advice, I suppose I still have several months to go so I am hoping I will feel better nearer the time.
Hugs
Kat xx

Wishcraft said...

Just gorgeous Sarah! Fab image, fab colouring and love the black and white - something I really can't do, but I think you've made such a great job of it :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Berry said...

You inspired me missy! I didn't know what colour to do my mono card so went B&W too! I haven't posted it yet though cos I hate taking photos with the flash, will have to be a day late!
Hugs rebekah xx

Christine L said...

Your card is a stunner Sarah.... I really love the shading you've used.... but will you get away with her (fabulous) red hair???

Hugs
Christine x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Wow! This is really stunning sweetie, I love the lay out and the beautiful papers and your colouring looks amazing! Really fantastic
Lindsay xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and so fabulous Sarah.
luv
Debby

Wendy Fraser said...

Stunning card, love the colour scheme and fab image xx

catherine said...

This is such a fantastic monochromatic look Sarah and a fab image
x catherine

Jayne A said...

Stunning card Sarah.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Unknown said...

Sarah this is stunning love how you have coloured her hair ,What a Fantastic card. Fabulous colours a lovely design and gorgeous main image . Well done hugs Elaine

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous card Sarah. Love the B&W look.

Susan x

xxxtglxxx said...

Yep, I am definately digging the monochrome look! :)

Gorgeous!

hugs

xxalisonxx