Followers

Wednesday 30 May 2012

So sad

Hi blogworld

So how's we all doing then?  I'm a very happy bunny as I had a lovely day out on Sunday, well mostly anyway!, at the craft fair and have brought myself lots of new goodies.  The spending carried on until Monday morning as some companies were missing and I still had things on my to get list.  You will start to see the new things trickling through soon - there's even some on this card!!

I've had the post part of my spend arrive this morning so I'll take photos and do a sharing post later today and explain what it was that annoyed me on Sunday!!  Be prepared for one of Sarah's sagas ;-)

The so sad part is that Pollycraft is closing down, I will really miss Paula's digis - they are absolutely brilliant I've already done one mega bundle deal and I'm very verrrry tempted to go back and do another - but I wouldn't even mind missing out on the mega deals if she wasn't closing!   Then I went and missed the last challenge, I'd thought there'd be one to the last days of the shop but last weeks' was it and I missed it - pah!

I had my image all ready to go, but just ran out of time.  I then saw Paula doing a Linky Party over at Pollycrafts blog so I thought I'd link up with that.

Here's me card:
Front shot:

Detail of image:

Side view to get the depth:

I used:

Image:
Pollycraft - Swings and Slides: Lollipop: (which was my prize for being a Pollycraft Favourite - I was sooooo chuffed when I was picked and I was picked twice!)  It's coloured with my Promarkers and chalked for the background.

Papers:
First Edition:
Love Letters (new!)
Song Bird

Dies:
Nesties for the image and circles
C.C. Designs - Teardrop Border

Everything else:
Buttons from stash
Stickles glitter glue

I've been frantically making cards first half of this week as the second half is busy.  Then next week it's half-term here and that will be chaos, plus we've got people in the holiday let.  Oh, wot a busy life I leads!!!!

Cheerio

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Sketch Saturday: Week #209

Oldie but a Goodie challenge: Anything Goes - everything except for one piece of patterned paper and the image are more than six months old.

I love Promarkers: Challenge #119 - Use a Digi




28 comments:

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card Sarah! Your colouring is fantastic, and I love the papers and layout :)

Tags xx

Wendy Fraser said...

Fabby card, love the cute image and the papers are to die for. xx

Sue said...

Hi Sarah. Gorgeous card, such a sweet image and the colours are fabulous.
All the best
Sue

catherine said...

Fantastic card Sarah and lovely colours. Will need to see all your new goodies!
x catherine

Paula said...

Gorgeously sweet card Sarah!! fabby colouring!!

sorry you missed the last challenge :(

thanks so much for joining the linky party! I hope you continue to enjoy your pollycraft digis!

hugs
Paula x

Christine L said...

Hi Sarah

Love this fabby card...... particularly the design!! Clever you with the circles in half..... looks so good!!

Glad you had a lovely spend.... makes us feel so much better doesn't it? hehe!

Hugs
Christine x

Jayne A said...

stunning card Sarah.
Hugs
Jayne
x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Sarah ,great image...love the colours.xxx

Kathleen said...

Fab card Sarah, I am loving the layout, with those semi circles and the wide border, very nice!
Hope you get all your goodies in the post, I will be stalking the postie tomorrow as I had a little spending spree at glitterpot, well they do have a half price sale so it would be very rude not to! Wouldnt it? Lol
Hugs
Kat xx

Flowergirl said...

Wonderful card Sarah! I'm sad too :( I love the pollycraft digi's had to have a spend on some I really wanted before they go x
Wendy x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous card Sarah love the image. Alison xxx

Unknown said...

This is so lovely Sarah, and perfect homage to Pollycraft! I too am gutted Paula's closing up :( I love the images, even if I don't use them as much as I'd like to. But life gets in the way sometimes...
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! :)
Lizy DT xx

Andy Llewelyn-Brinsley said...

Hi Sarah,
You and I might have stood shoulder to shoulder on sunday without even knowing it! I assume you were at the showground craft fayre! As another Lincolnshire liver I have to say it does brighten up your day no end when it comes, roll on October 21sr I say.
Your card is gorgeous and I love the colouring and your whole colour scheme too, I agree about it being a pitty PollyCraft are closing down, especially when they have images of this quality eh!
Anyhoo, Good Luck and hope to see you again at I ♥ ProMarkers again very soon.
Take Care,
Andy
x

Janine said...

Hi Sarah. Lovely card with an unusual design. Cute image and coloured so nicely too.
Hugs, Janine xx

Wishcraft said...

Super sweet card hun! Love this image, pretty papers and fab design :o) Will miss Pollycraft, fingers crossed they'll re-open one day!

Morgan's school finished today - they tagged a couple of inset days onto the hols. I've promised them a day out on Friday, so I'd better get everything done tomorrow! Hugs, Lisa x

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Sarah...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

mixamatoasties said...

Great card Sarah. I love the background die!!

Susan xx

Laura Bradley said...

I love this Sarah, that image is super cute! Laura x

Faye said...

Sarah, this is really, really pretty and a touch on the gorgeous side. xx

coops said...

stunning card sarah.gorgeous pretty colours and details and the pollycraft image is so sweet :D
glad you had a good crafty spend :D

xx coops xx

xxxtglxxx said...

I loved following that sketch! :)

You have done an amazing job with this card, super-cute image and really great take on the sketch, so pretty!

hugs

xxalisonxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Super card Sarah, love that cute image. I hadn't heard that Pollycraft was closing, that's so sad !! Great to hear you had a good spending spree at (and after) the show LOL Thanks for playing along with on I Love Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

A really gorgeous card, I love the sweet image and the papers are fab
Lindsay xx

DesignerDiva said...

This is so gorgeous Sarah, the design is fab and I love how you have placed the buttons!
I'm on duty today so..........Thanks for joining us at Oldie But A Goodie this week and good luck with the challenge
Laurie xx

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Sarah! I love the image and your colouring is fab! Love the sparkles on the lollipop! and the papers are gorgeous!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

tiggertastic said...

lovely work
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog
Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Craft Us Crazy ,Bearly Mine Designs and DT Coordinator Kenny K
Guest Designer (MAY) for Sketch Saturday

♥Gemma♥ said...

Such a pretty card sweetie, i so love your layout..must try that one & you have coloured your image in beautifully :o)

hugs and xxx
Gemma

♥Gemma♥ said...

Such a pretty card sweetie, i so love your layout..must try that one & you have coloured your image in beautifully :o)

hugs and xxx
Gemma