Followers

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Divas by Design - Challenge 14: use metal

Hello again blogworld

Sorry still a bit erratic with the posting - we are getting back into school routine and hopefully I'll be posting regularly again by next week.  Of course by then I'll have to start thinking what I'm going to be doing for Christmas cards this year.  Mostly quick and easy panic cards probably!

Anyway, enough waffle this post is my Design Team card for the new challenge over at Divas by Design. This time we would like to see some metal on your projects.  The entries for the last challenge were very spooky and I'm sure this time I'll be looking at lots of metal!

The prize for this challenge is a Diva prize box,  that sounds fab and I'm sorry I can't enter myself!

So we would love you to pop over to the challenge and have a go.  There is a wonderful range of inspiration from my teamies and there is also my little offering as well.  And here, without any further waffle here is my card:

Front shot:

Detail of image:

Close up of flower and my metal:

Hope you like it!

Details of card:
Image is an older Sugar Nellie stamp: a Rachelle Anne Miller image - Lola with Bunny and I coloured her with my Promarkers.
The swirl is a Cheery Lynn die-cut: Fanciful Flourish.
Flowers are from one of my numerous boxes.
Brad and metal surround are from The Hobby House
Sentiment is from Craftwork Cards and die-cut with a Die-namics die (unfortunately I can't see the name of the die, but I got it from Tracy at Dies to Die for).

And that's it, no papers and no glitter - all very clean and simple!

So look forward to visiting all your blogs and seeing all your wonderful creations!

Cheerio

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

The Sugar Bowl - Challenge 70: Marie Theresa's Sketch

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh so very cute hon.Love the CAS background & the colour injection, lovely.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Sarah,love the image and that wonderful flourish.xxx

Arabella said...

This is so cute Sarah! I love that brad and surround you have used for the flower... it really makes the whole flower look fab! Gorgeous colouring!

Arabella

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, adorable image and fab flower...must remember to use my spacers,really makes your flower....
Wendy xx

Julie C. said...

Hi Sarah, I love that flourish die cut. Your colouring is fab! This could easily be a Christmas card too! ^_^

Berry said...

Lol Sarah you sound just like me! I was a terrible blogger last wk due to half term and thought this wk I would be better but I am adjusting back to my routine again and still no good at blogging! This is a fab card and such a sweet image! Hugs rebekah xx

Anita said...

Such a sweet and adorable card Sarah. I love the flourish and clean style.

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card Sarah, love the contrast of those lovely colours with the white.
Sorry I am awol, can't wait till Christmas when I will have some time back again.
Take care of yourself.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

coops said...

gorgeous card sarah.the image is really sweet and i love your fab colours and design :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

This is lovely Sarah! absolutely adore your flower with the brad and metal surround and the image you have chosen is super cute
Lindsay xx

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Sarah...Love the sweet image and your flower and flourish are beautiful....
Mandy x

Christine L said...

Gorgeous card Sarah.. love your colours...
Hugs
Christine x

Mina said...

fabulous card Sarah, I love how you arranged the flower with the metal centre it works so well for your gorgeous card
Mina xxx