Followers

Friday 18 November 2011

The jury is still out....

on the haircut!

Hello blogworld

Am I the only person in the world who stresses about their haircut?  It's been a week now and I'm still not sure I like it, especially as me and hubby had words about it, or, to be more accurate, how it makes me look!  I decided, since the little make up session the other week, that I would try new make-up and, with the haircut, he decided that I now look like Theresa May (the Home Secretary!).  I don't know do I really want a haircut that, so hubby says, makes me look like someone probably 20 years older than me (don't know that for sure, but I'm guessing here!) - if I feel brave enough I may post a picture and you can tell me what you all think.

But enough of my waffle, onto the card (I know it's a Christmas card, and I still don't feel Christmassy, but I wanted to use one of the TeddyBo images that I won the other week - so here I am):
Front shot:


Detail of image:

I used:
Teddybo & Co digi image: Teddybea_116 'Your wish will come true', coloured with my Promarkers and Flexmarkers.
Die-cut and matted with nesties.
The papers are from Craft House - Winter Wonderland.
Wild Orchid Crafts for the flowers.
Card blank, sentiment: from Craftwork Cards (again mounted onto a nestie shape)

So I hope everyone is well and I'll be back tomorrow with my DT for Sweet Stampin'.  It's a good one, so be sure to pop back.

Cheerio

Sarah

A challenge, or two,:

Sketch Saturday - Week #181 - 12th November

The Cutie Pie Challenge - #5 - Bears

The TeddyBo Challenge - #22 - Christmas (but red and green should not be seen) - Ladies, there is green in my image and papers, but I'm hoping it's not Christmas green!!

25 comments:

Hazel said...

What a gorjuss card Hun. I love the colours you have used. Think I need to make a pink n blue card. They are a very popular colour combo for this challenge. Thanks for joining in on our Teddy Bo challenge.
Hugs
H xx

Kathleen said...

Fab card Sarah, lovely papers and great colouring.
Aren't hubbies lovely!! Why cant they just give a compliment and make us happy, I have never cut my hair short since the last time 11 years ago, just after Charlie was born and my OH mumped and moaned for ages about it, but I just think 'hey, its not you who has to wash it, dry it and maintain it everyday' (for the record my hubby is almost bald!)
Hope your hair cut grows on you.
Love and hugs Kat xx
Ps Ive got blog candy up for grabs

lindyloo said...

Hello Sarah
wow this is one super cute card and your colouring is fab thank you for joining us at the cutie pie hugs linda x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card Sarah, just love that fun image and the colours and patterns show it off a treat.
Have a wonderful weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Jill said...

Fabulous card Sarah!
Lovely colours and Bea looks like a dream there :)
Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo this week :)
Hugs, jill

Vicky said...

Ooh Sarah this is so pretty hun...and I'm loving the colours too sweetie...

I bet your haircut is lovely too...be brave and show a piccie....men have no idea...lol...!

have a lovely weekend...big hugs Vicky xx

Helle said...

Sara,I really ove your card!
Beautiful colours and papers :)
Thank you for joining us at The TeddyBo Challenge this week!

-Helle-

Wendy said...

Awwww adorable image and such pretty colours, love this gorgeous card Sarah...hope you have a great weekend.
Wendy xx

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, just love those teddy bo images...

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card Sarah,love the image. Don't worry about the hair it will soon grow back.xxx

Faye said...

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve this card. Sorry your hair is causing some trouble. xxx

Anita said...

Sarah, this is a beautiful card and your coloring looks fabulous! Sorry you're not sure about your haircut :(

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Super card Sarah! I just adore this image of Bea too! She has so many uses too! Thanks for joining us at the Teddy Bo Tower this week and good luck!
Hugs
Tammy louise

Christine L said...

Beautiful card Sarah... and ignore your hubby... they never know what to say about a haircut... my OH said something negative about mine when I last had it done... only 'ohhh you've had it done differently'' but in a tone that I picked up on...
As long as YOU like it!
Hugs
Christine x

Maritha said...

Lovely christams card!! Sweet colours and a cute stamp! =)

Thanks for playing along at the TeddBo challange!
Hugs Maritha

Nela said...

Totally fabulous!
And the paper fits perfect!
Thanks for joining us at the Teddy Bo challenge
Nela xx

coops said...

so stunning sarah.your colours are so pretty and i love your fab details and gorgeous image :D
i`m lucky with my hair as its long.i only have a trim maybe once sometimes twice a year and its up in a high ponytail most of the time.

xx coops xx

Hazel said...

Great to see you have also joined in the Cutie Pie challenge too,
hugs
H xx

Liz McGuire, said...

Gorgeous card, lovely colours and your colouring is fab,

Liz x

Nicolchen said...

A gorgeous card you´ve made ... wonderful colours you´ve used :0)))

Thanks for playing with us at the Teddy Bo Challenge ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Sarah-Jane said...

Lovely card. Great colouring and papers. xx

Anonymous said...

The card is adorable! love this teddy bea image you've used! As for the hair, without a picture who can say! Thank you for joining in again at Cutie Pie Sarah, Chin up Woo xx

Colette said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, great colour combo, thanks for playing along at the Teddy Bo challenge. Good Luck! Colette xx

Arabella said...

OOohh this is so sweet! I love the colours you have used and the dies are the perfect frame! I know how you feel about getting used to a new hair cut... how come it never ever looks like it did when you walk out of the salon?

Arabella

karen said...

Hi Sarah, oh this is gorgeous, beautiful soft colours, love the TB image, thanks so much for joining us at Cutie Pie, Karnex