Followers

Sunday 20 November 2011

Good morning or....

afternoon?

Hello bloggers,

Well I've been up since 5.30, so to me 7.30 feels a bit like we're half way through the day now!

And the reason for this ridiculous wake up time?  Emily was feeling rough yesterday, no idea what was wrong, and slept for most of the afternoon so she used up her quota of sleep and therefore woke up at 5.30 this morning!

I finally rolled out of bed at 6.30 and we came downstairs, when she decided that she would like to make her card for Father Christmas, so here we are in the dining room with her crafting and refusing to eat her breakfast and me blogging!

Photographic evidence:



But along with that this post is to show my card for a couple of challenges.

My card:
Font shot:

Detail of image:

The sentiment reads 'To a special friend', but I don't think you can see it properly, well you can't on my computer anyway!

I used:

A Pollycraft digi image (from my 100 image for £9.99 bundle, great value and love the images!): Twiddly Wings - Friends.  Coloured with my Promarkers and Flexmarkers. 
Chalked while still in the Nestie die for the sky.
Papers are all Prima - Sparkling Spring paper pad.
CC Designs cutter - Teardrop
Card blank and sentiment - Craftwork Cards
So I hope that everyone else has a bit more of a lie-in than I did this morning and I'm away now to try and encourage her to eat her breakfast!

See you soon,
Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Pollycraft Monday challenge - Challenge 119# friends/friendship

Cupcake Craft challenges - 168 - Two's company

Sketch N Stash - Challenge 74 (new stash is the digi image - old stash the papers)

20 comments:

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card, Sarah! Such lovely image, beautiful colours adn I love the dies you have used! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Unknown said...

Your card is really sweet Sarah, love the darling image.... I remember when my kids were younger and woke up so early after sleeping in the afternoon!! Hope you don't get tired so quickly now. Hugs xxx

Jayne A said...

Beautiful card. I love prima papers.

Luckily my kids are now at the stage where you have to drag them out of bed.

Jayne
x

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Sarah :o) Super sweet image and those papers are so pretty.

I didn't buy the £9.99 Pollycraft bundle, managed to talk myself out that one... I did buy the bundle of 62 images that they released this weekend though lol - I already had some of the images but they were still a bargain! Lisa x

Christine L said...

Very cute image Sarah... love your card!
Hugs
Christine x

Wendy said...

Awwww Emily looks so sweet sat there making her card,I am feeling very lazy now I did,nt get up till 9.15....love your gorgeous card Sarah.
Wendy xx

Michelle Short said...

So cute! I love the image and beautifully coloured.

Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash,
Michelle xx

Vicky said...

Simply stunning Sarah.....and I so love all your gorgeous details too hun...

thanks for joining us at SnS...and good luck...and I hope you are not tired too...bless...(great piccie..)

have a lovely Sunday...hugs Vicky xx

Tracey T said...

This is so pretty! Colours are just gorgeous. Hope Emily is feeling better now. Many thanks for your help re. the light box - I think I'm going to give it a try. You'll be ready for your bed tonight! xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Aawww such a sweet photo, Emily looks so contented crafting away, bless her. Your card is lovely, really sweet image and lovely papers
Lindsay xx

nessy said...

you and me both sarah ~i just couldn`t sleep and was up when it was still dark outside!!
such a pretty card ~amazing colouring ~ love it!
vanessa xx

coops said...

so gorgeous sarah.i love the sweet image and beautiful colouring and design :D
emily looks very engrossed in her crafting. so sweet.

xx coops xx

Louise said...

Smashing card just perfect for our challenge,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week.
Hugs Louise xx

Unknown said...

Such a sweet and adorable card! But your little cardmaker is even cuter! Thanks for joining us at The cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!/Sari

Berry said...

What a fabulous card Sarah the image is so sweet! My kiddies did their lists to santa this wkend too, I won't name half of it but lets just say that I don't think santa will be stemming to any Ipad2s or puppies this year! I also have a poorly man so maybe I will be up for the rough night and lack of sleep tonight! Hugs Rebekah xx

Ella's Design said...

Lovely spring colours on this creation, Sarah! Nice to see when the skies are so grey! Pretty details and colouring too! I think all parents have had one of those days when the kids think it's fun to get up at the crack of dawn, but what a beautiful picture of Emily following in Mummy's footsteps! Thanks for becoming a follower of my little blog! Hugs, Lisa x

An Occasional Genius said...

What a gorgeous little girl your Emily is!! I admire her dedication to crafting lol! You know in about 10 years or so you'll be wishing she'd get up early!!

Love the card, such pretty colours & I thought about that bundle but wasn't sure. After my Fi induced spending spree recently I think I'd better not.... xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Hi Sarah,
Lovely card. I love the cute image and pretty papers. Great colouring.

My 6 year old gets up so early on the weekends, even before my one year old! I never get to sleep in any more. xx

Arabella said...

Ackk!! Up since 5.30! I couldn't cope!

This card is adorable Sarah! Gorgeous colouring and I love the frame you have cut!

I hope you got to take a Nana nap some time during the day!

Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft for the Friends challenge!

I'll be back later to catch up on the rest of your posts... I'm having a busy week!

Ciao!

Arabella

khushifairy said...

The card's background is too light to be noticed.
valentine gifts pakistan