Followers

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Ooooh and ahhhhh!

Those, blogging friends, are the sounds I made after having my Frangipani wrap at the Health Club / Spa my friend and I went to yesterday.  Of course, and this is typical of my life, the sounds I made when we  left and my car decided to blink lots of orange warning lights at me wasn't so much sounds as more a word (or string of words) none of which are repeatable!!

So as you may have gathered from that opening paragraph yesterday was a day of mixed fortunes.  The couple of hours at the Health Club were wonderful, if a little strange.  As I spent most of an hour covered in green goo and wrapped up like a turkey ready to be cooked!  It was so nice to pummelled, scrubbed and left to sleep - otherwise known as a Frangipani Wrap.  I also had a 1-2-1 make-up session with a nice young girl to get some tips on the very 90's time warp that I am stuck in with my make-up.  I have to say, all modesty to one side, I did look very nice when I came out of that session - although Emily slightly worried me when she asked what the black goo was on my eyelids!!!

Then when we came out of the Club, having a had a very nice lunch and meaning to go into the local town and do a bit of shopping, my car decided to let me know, in the nicest way possible, that my power steering; ABS and engine were failing!!!  After ringing hubby, the trip into town was cancelled and I drove home very carefully.  Thankfully the sparks came out today, plugged his fancy computer into the car and charged us £40 to say it was a glitch!  At least hubby didn't moan - for once ;-)

So there is my saga - I do hope I haven't bored you and now onto the reason you all visit my blog, probably, is today's card:

Front shot:

Detail shot of image:
I used:

Pollycraft digi stamp: Kiki Cakes, coloured with my Promarkers and a touch of Stickles on the cakes.
Die-cut with a Go-Kreate die and chalked whilst still in the die for definition.
I don't know what the papers are, as they were very kindly given to me by a blogging friend (thank you Kat,).
The swirls are a Marianne Creatable die.
Message is from a Pink Parfait set from Papermania.
Crystals are from Hobby House.

So there that was my day yesterday, today nothing much to report, tomorrow I'm off to get my hair cut and hopefully I should be back soon with another card.

Off to wander through all your blogs now.

Cheerio

Sarah


A challenge, or two:

Pollycraft Monday Challenge - Challenge #118;  A sketch (lovely elegant sketch)

My Partner in Crafting Crime - Challenge #35: use a freebie (the digi was on a CD that came free with a magazine)

20 comments:

Jayne A said...

aaah really cute.

Sounds like you had a lovely time at the spa.

Jayne
x

Catherine said...

Fab card and such a cute image!

Anonymous said...

So sweet, love the colours and the image is so cute, the flourishes look fab too
Lindsay xx

Kathleen said...

Cute card, love the little bear. I know I gave you the papers but I am at a loss as to what they are! Probably something to do with the fact I have a (very large) paper mountain! Sorry! They look good though! Lol
Love and hugs
Kat xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

So cute. Alison

coops said...

gorgeous card sarah.i love the fab sweet bear and your papers and colours are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Arabella said...

Oooh that spa treatment sounds wonderful! And the make-up session sounds like a great idea too... I might have to do one of those! Bummer about the car, but at least it didn't cost a fortune to get fixed!

Your card is adorable! I love how you have interpreted the Pollycraft sketch! Those swirls are fab!

Arabella

helloholley said...

now this is an adorable image and an adorable card!!! ;)

Faye said...

Hey Chick, I have a migraine brewing and reading your chatty post has cheered me up no end. Cutesome card, lovely colours. xxx (At least car was a glitch and not as expensive as it sounded!) xxx

Berry said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day Sarah despite the car glitch. Fab card a super cute image and pretty DP hugs Rebekah xx

Wendy said...

Pleased you had a lovely time at the spa Sarah, shame you did'nt get into town aferwards, but at least you did'nt get a very big bill at the garage, it could have been worst.nearly fogot then to say what a gorgeous card, adorable image.
Wendy xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Aww, this is such a cute card! :)

btw... we have a 'cutesy' week at Charisma this week hun.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Mary J said...

Oh Sarah, I love this! Great take on the sketch honey! Thank you for joining us at Pollycrafts Monday!

Mary J x

Christine L said...

Gorgeous card hon.... very cute!
Hugs
Christine x

nessy said...

oh sarah what a sweet image ~love the colours you have chosen ~also love the bling on the swirls!!
vanessa xx

ladyjanet_56 said...

This is a really cute card I love the image & your colour combo, thank you for joining us at MPCC. Janet

Linda said...

This is just adorable.. Such a darling little image.. very lovely work.. Hugs, Linda

Wishcraft said...

Aww SO cute! Love this image (she's in my collection but I don't think I've ever used her - typical!), your papers and swirls are gorgeous too :o)

Yes, if I'm going to get a Grand Calibur the Cricut has to go... not got the space or money for both, and the only way I can 'spin it' to hubby is to sell the Cricut so there's no cost involved in the new machine!

Glad you had a nice day at the spa :o) Lisa x

An Occasional Genius said...

Ooh Frangipani wrap!! I thought that was some sort of cake? Not that I know anything about cakes as I don't eat them but I've been told! Anyway sounds like you had a good time despite the technology glitch with the car...oddly enough the same thing happened to my friends car yesterday...we were about to drive off & her warning light came on saying no brakes!!

We tested it several times & brakes worked so probably a glitch like yours.

Children are not known for tact but take it from me there is ample opportunity to get your own back & embarrass the life out of them in a few years time lol!

Your colouring is so beautiful hon, I love the card - more cake lol! xx

Robin said...

Sweet papers from your blog friend!! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin