Followers

Sunday 13 November 2011

Peek-a-boo!

Hello there blogworld

So another absence from blogland, I'm beginning to doubt that I'll ever get back into posting on a regular basis.  Just when I think I've got it nailed - life goes and throws a wobbly!

So where were we when last we met?  I think I was off for a haircut, which I did and I'm not entirely sure about!  You know how it looks lovely when you leave the hairdressers, then it takes a day or so to settle (and I don't know about you, but I can never get it looking like it did when I stepped out of the salon) then you make your mind up if you like it or not?  Well at the moment it's settling and I'm not sure I like it!  I will let you know the final verdict in a few days.

We've had daughter off school, again!, this time with a cold.  I thought she would be well enough to go, but after a lot of tears and wails of 'I'm too poorly to go to school!', I gave in and let her have the day off.  Poor thing did have (and still does) a cold, but not bad enough not to go I thought, but then who am I to know!  I'm just muddling through this parenting malarky!

Friday evening was spent in total darkness in our house - we were in bed for 9.15 (and not for anything naughty!!) just because the blooming electrics decided to fuse.  We ended up with one light for the whole house - no sockets, no other lights anywhere working.  We don't have any street lights here (only the posh areas in town have those!) so it was pitch black outside and in - so off to bed we trotted.  I didn't even have any internet connection - we've got a BT hub and without the phone, the hub don't work!  How I survived the evening and morning I'll never know.

Yesterday and today have been quiet and I've finally got a chance to get a card made!  Yay - I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms, but then I was finding it hard to get in the colouring groove and chucked quite a few images!  I'm still not 100% happy with the colouring on this one, but I'm letting it go and posting for you all to make up your minds.

So, mega waffle over, here is card:

Front shot:



Detail shot of image:

I used:

Saturated Canary digi image: Let it rain - coloured with my Promarkers.  I then swiped a Distress Ink pad around the edges and stamped with one of the Lili of the Valley additions corners in the same ink.  Not tried this before, not sure how it's worked!
All papers are First Edition - Desert Blooms pad.
Pins and flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts - I coloured the smaller flowers with my Promarkers to match the colours of the image and put a touch of stickles on the edges (again not sure it worked out!).
Card blank and sentiment: Craftwork Cards.

Hope you like and am off now to try and catch up with you all and my commenting duties!

Best wishes, hope you have all had a good weekend.

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Saturated Canary - Challenge No 4: Autumn Colours

Paper Sundaes - #95: Digital Images





23 comments:

Faye said...

Fab, fab, fab card. I love the autumn colours and your colouring is gorgeous. I love your chatty style here and at mine. It's lovely to read, don't change anything... :)
xxx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous! Love the image and fabulous colours, the stamping around the image looks great too :o)

Hope you like your haircut when it settles! Lisa x

Unknown said...

i think your coloring looks fantastic!! love<3

thanks for joining in the SC Challenge!! So happy to have you!:)

xoxo

www.saturatedcanary.blogspot.com

Doreen said...

Well I think you have coloured this beautifully,love the colours.xxx

Anita said...

This is so pretty Sarah. I think your coloring looks fabulous and the fall colors look perfect for her.

Tracy said...

Beautiful card Sarah! I'm going to have to break down and get some of those Saturated Canary images. They're so fun. :-) Thanks so much for popping in to my blog and leaving me a comment on my SS GD card. I appreciate it. :-) Hugs!

Christine L said...

Well your card was worth waiting for.... I love it! Your colouring is fab and your layout perfect!

Hope your electrics are sorted now! Cardmaking by candlelight wouldn't be any fun!! LOL
Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

fabulous card sarah.i love this gorgeous image and your autumnal colours are stunning :D

xx coops xx

Kathleen said...

Hi Sara, well I think your colouring looks fab! Love the colours and papers are lush. An all round brilliant card.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes x
Hugs Kat
Hope Emily is better xoxo

Berry said...

Sarah I think I would cry if my electrics went out! We have a BT hub too so when the phone line goes down thats it for net and TV as we have BT vision! I love this SC image and I think you have done a fab job of colouring her esp that fab hair. As for parenting well I'm no expert but then who is lol! If mine aren't that poorly I send them to school but then they give it the sob story at school (esp the eldest) and the school sends them home anyway! So you prob did the right thing in keeping her off! Hugs Rebekah xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Great card and your colouring looks fine to me. I love the colours you have used and the fab papers. xx

Christine L said...

Hi Sarah... me again! Just a quickie re your comment on my blog about the show we saw... if you get chance at ALL to go see Oz, then jump at it! Like you, my one regret was that I didn't see Michael Crawford in Phantom (my fav musical)... but this came a close second!
Btw, your 'contact me' button isn't working I don't think... hence me putting this on here!! hehe
Hugs
Christine x

An Occasional Genius said...

Well I think it all worked out beautifully Sarah! I love the edged bit you've done, it looks so good, I might have to try that myself. Your colouring looks good too.

As for the parenting malarky, we're all muddling through that sweets & it doesn't get any easier. Odd day off here & there is basically irrelevant so don't worry about it xx

Linda said...

Sarah, this is simply gorgeous!! Your coloring is just beautiful!! Love it!! Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

This is lovely Sarah, love your colouring ... I hate going to the hairdresser! I used to have the same problem when I had it short but now to solve that problem it is just long and plain :{

Jayne A said...

I think she looks great. She's coloured really well.

Jayne
x

Julie C. said...

I love your colouring. It is a very nice autumn card. Love it!

I go to bed around 8:30 to 9:00 nearly everyday whether there is electric or no electirc. This is the joy of being parents, taking kids to bed at night and then fell asleep yourself. Or... maybe it is no that good as I lost lots of crafting time each night!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and those autumnal colours look amazing
Lindsay xx

Arabella said...

This is just gorgeous Sarah! I love what you have done with the stamping in the distressing around the edges! It looks very cool!

What a bummer re the electricity! No internet.. oh no!!!

Thanks for you lovely comments on my blog today... you made me smile : )

Arabella

Juls said...

this is just soooo gorgeous!! I love this image and your colouring of her is just awsome!!! I adore the layout too, gorgeous card! Hugs Juls

Carisa said...

very pretty!

Thanks for joining Saturated Canary Challenges this week! :D

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

LOVE!

Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes Digi Challenge!

LORi said...

Awesome..so happy you shared with SC this week!
Hugs -LORi