Followers

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Birthday girl, or not?

Hmmm, now I don't know!

Hi blogworld

Firstly let me say thanks so much for all the lovely comments you've left on the passing of our old lady.  I think everyone is pretty much of the same opinion - 19 is a great age for a cat and Katie had a lovely life, but it's still sad to see them go.

Emily was told last night and spent quite some time crying, she didn't want to go to school today either but I thought it was best to send her - take her mind off things.  Only thing is she wants to go dig Katie up, I think to say goodbye - hmmmm not a good idea!!

Right then, chin up and on we get.

So this is my Lili of the Valley card that I made - I thought it would go to a little friend of Emily's whose 5th birthday party we are going to at the weekend.  Then when it was finished I thought not!  So I now have another spare card, which I'm not sure if it's for a girl or woman.

Hey, ho.

Here's the card:
Front shot:

Detail of image:

Arty farty one:

 Arty farty two: (trying to get the glitter on her jacket and skirt)

I used:

Stamp:
Lili of the Valley - Best dress
coloured with my Pro and Flex markers
(oh and inked with Cocoa for a change for a softer look)

Dies:
Nestie label

Papers: 
First Edition - Love Letters

Anything else?
Card blank - Craftwork cards
Trim, ribbon, sentiment - from my stuff
Glamour Dust
Wild Orchid Crafts - flowers

I decided to put my name forward for GDT at Lili's Little Fairies - don't think I've got a whiff of a chance, I've never won a challenge - but I thought why not!!

So see you again soon,
Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Lili's Little Fairies: Flower power

Stampin for the Weekend: Challenge 18 - Feeling Floral


18 comments:

Kim said...

It's a lovely card Sarah - and why not suitable for a little girl? such a cute image and love the glittery touches!
Kim x

Jenny said...

So lovely Sarah. I especially love that sparkle and I think that it is perfect for a little 5 year old. x

Sue said...

Hi Sarah, this is gorgeous Sarah. Of course I love the sweet image, you have coloured her beautifully and I love the papers and flower. I also think it would be great for a 5 year old girl.
Poor Emily, it's so hard for us to say goodbye to our pets but even harder for children to understand.
Take care
Hugs Sue

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Sarah. What a beautiful card. Fab image gorgeous colours and design. Just perfect for the little girl. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxx

Karen Petitt said...

It's gorgeous Sarah and I don't think it's too old for a little girl or too young for a young lady! Beautiful colouring and I love her bling jacket Karen x

catherine said...

Beautiful card as always Sarah and love the added sparkle.
Hope Emily feels a bit better about the sad news.
Why haven't you got a chance!!!!
You have as much chance as anyone else and if you don't try you will never know!!
I'm keeping all my fingers crossed for you
x catherine

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Sarah,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Wendy Fraser said...

So pretty, I reckon anyone of any age would be delighted to get this xx

coops said...

so beautiful sarah.gorgeous pretty shape and colours and the image is really sweet ;D

xx coops xx

Debbie said...

This is such a lovely card Sarah...Sorry about your sad news, I hope Emily feels a bit better soon...it's so hard for little ones to understand.
Hugs Debbie x

Anne-Marie said...

Too good for a 5 year old....send it to MEEEE! Hahaaa....but it really is so pretty, and I especially like the glitter on the jacket....beautifully done, as always!
Hope little 'un feels better about Katie, soon.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Awww sarah this is just so sweet and gorgeous. Love the shape and beautiful flowers :)

Christine L said...

Beautiful card hon.... perfect colouring and DP choice - and I love the shape too!

And you're right... I don't think the digging up is a good idea!!

Hugs
Christine x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous and sooo adorable.
luv
Debby

Anne said...

Beautiful card, love her little sparkly cardigan! Thanks for joining us over at Lili's Little Fairies this week ...good luck!

...sorry to hear about Katie, a sad time x

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely card Sarah. Perfect for a little girl!

Susan x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Sarah, it would suit any age I think! Good luck in your GDT at Lili's too!
Helen x

Suzie McFloozy said...

THis is just beautiful Sarah - esp' love the beads x
Thanks for playing along with us at SFTW & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo