Followers

Thursday 13 September 2012

First of many

I'm sure!

Hello blogworld

Well here I am with my first ever card made with an Emma Canning digi stamp!  I knew when I saw, and applied for, the DT call over at the Flat Friends challenge blog that I'd love to colour these stamps and I was right!

I'm not entirely sure that I've given enough definition to the top or shorts, but overall I'm quite pleased!  Am really looking forward now to the challenge blog going live and making more cards (or non-card projects!) with these digis.

So, thanks again Emma for picking me for your team - and hope you like my little creation!

Front shot of card:


Detail of image:

Arty farty side:  Oh and can you tell, I'm as bad with accessories as I am with blog backgrounds - I'm trying glass pebbles this time!
I used:

Digi stamp:
coloured with my Promarkers and Flexmarkers

Dies:
Go-Kreate tag
Memory Box - Riviera Corner (part of at least!)

Papers:
First Edition - New Leaf

Anything else?
A very old Bo Bunny rub on
Trim and charm from my stuff (and are even older!!)
Viva Decor Pearl Pen
Kraft cardstock to matt with
3d gloss on her glasses - which I'm not if it shows in the picture or not

All fairly quite on the home front at the mo, although She Who Must be Obeyed is developing even more of an attitude at the moment and isn't sleeping so well just now.  She also cried that she didn't want to go to school today, I'm sure she will be fine tomorrow.

Also we might have got homes for two of the kittens - fingers crossed!  Then just two more to go - I've given in and we're keeping one!!!

See you soon,

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Totally Gorjuss - Challenge 148: Pink and Green

Without words - Sept Challenge: Autumn

Addicted to Stamps Challenge - "Make your Mark" - Challenge #3

27 comments:

Berry said...

Love this Sarah what a great image and fab colours! Bet Emily is just feeling tired now she is back at school, good luck with homing the kittens!
Hugs rebekah xx

Kathy said...

Very pretty Sarah. Love the soft color palette.

Faye said...

Your colouring looks cool to me. Fab card, loving the soft colours. X

scrappymo! said...

Congrats on making the design team! This is a great image!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Sarah...lovely image and details.xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sarah. Such a great image and your colouring is fabulous. I can see you are going to be a great asset to the new DT.

Hugs Sue

Kim said...

great card and love that image! Kim x

Unknown said...

& I knew when I chose you for the DT that I would LOVE what you did with the digi's and I was right :-D Thanks hun - really gorgeous - so lucky to have you x x

Anne-Marie said...

Ooooo......think I really like this one! Cute image, coloured bee-a-ootifully, and I'm lovin' that tag...not seen that one before...nice!
Knew you'd give in to the kit-kat...haaa!

catherine said...

Fantastic card Sarah for your Dt post and I'm sure your really going to enjoy being a part of the team.
I'm sure with little one it's just being at school and it wears them out easily at the start. A couple of weeks and she'll be fine I'm sure of it!!
x catherine

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card Sarah - love the image and the wonderful colouring. Thanks for joining us at ATS this week.

Karen x

An Occasional Genius said...

Ooh I understand all about attitude, we have one of those living here too lol!! Keep smiling & keep taking photos/videos....you can at least store it up to embarrass her with in later years lol!!

Lovely card sweets & congrats on the new DT spot xx

Unknown said...

Ooooh I love this image...may have to go check out the rest!
Kittens??? How could you give any away?? I just wouldn't be able to!
And my little man has developed a bit of an attitude after his first week at school...don't ya just love them?! ;)
Lizy xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Fab card Sarah. I love the image. Good luck with finding homes for the kittens.
My Amelia has got an attitude problem at the moment too. I thought she would settle down now she is in year 3 and has a strict teacher. But no. Since being back at school she has had a tantrum over school food(I now have to give her packed lunch), set off a fire alarm and had a hysterical moment in class over a mini snickers bar. Oh the joys of having children!
Sarah-Jane xx

Karen Petitt said...

You've coloured her beautifully Sarah, it's a gorgeous card Karen x

Kylie said...

I LOVE this image and your colouring. Very cool! Thanks so much for playing along at ATS xx

Kylie said...

I LOVE this image and your colouring. Very cool! Thanks so much for playing along at ATS xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love this! What a cute image and those papers are gorgeous. Congrats on your new spot! :D

Wendy Fraser said...

Love that funky image and yummy papers xx

coops said...

so gorgeous sarah.the image is really fun and quirky and i love your colours ;D

xx coops xx

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at ATS - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

Desire Fourie said...

Sarah this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work so well together. Wishing you a fab Friday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Squirrel x said...

Great card Sarah, and I think the definition is just fine! Thanks so much for joining our first Without Words challenge - hope you will come back for October! Hugs Sxx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarah, love your fabulous card!
Helen x

Sharon said...

She is so cute and love the colours.
Hugs Sharon. x

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Loving that card - off to have a trunkie round lol xx

Patrice said...

Loving this image Sarah. You've created a super card and love the soft colours you worked with.

Thanks so much for joining us at ATS last week.