Followers

Saturday 22 September 2012

finally a card!

what's it been nearly a week with no cards?  Just waffle!!

Hello blogworld

Well finally she's only gorne and made a card I can hear you cry!!  Yes, I know, I know, nearly a whole week and no card, what's more this is the only card I've made this week!  What a week it's been, properly getting back into school routines, I've gone back to swimming & T'ai Chi and loads of housework.  Ah, and that tap!!

So stop the waffle Sarah and back to reason for post.  It's Saturday and that means we're in for a new challenge over at Sweet Stampin and this week we're all being extremely charming - oh look how clever a play on words!  Sensibly now - we'd like to see a charm on your project, along with the stamping of course, please.

Our sponsors are: our monthly regular Joanna Sheen with a £10 voucher


and this week the lovely Emerald Faeries

I had a dreadful time with this card, that charm just wasn't working whatever I did - so I gave up.

This is my card:
Front shot:

Detail of image:

They arty farty:

I used:

Stamp:
Sugar Nellie - Simply Sassy: Tease Me (which looks to be out of stock right now - oh dear!)
coloured with my Pro and Flexmarkers

Dies:
Nestie
Die-namics - Stacking Stars (blaming you here Faye!)

Papers:
First Edition - Isabelle

Anything else?
Craftwork Cards - card blank and sentiment
Oh, and the charm (yuk, yukity, yuk) from my stuff.

There you go blogworld, hope you have a good weekend look forward to seeing your 'charming' entries in the challenge.

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

The Sugar Bowl: Challenge 92 - Erika's Sketch

Polka Doodles: Week 38 - Inspired by a song title.  OK, I'm not sure if this properly applies or not, but Whigfield's Saturday Night (watch it here) - I know the sentiment is a birthday one, but the Sassy getting ready makes me think of the song and, more especially, the video - loved it!!!


23 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Sarah,love the image and design.xxx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Sarah, how lovely to see one of your gorgeous cards. I love the design and those gorgeous delicate papers. Lovely layers too and a fab colour blend. It sets your image off perfectly.
Have a lovely weekend.
Love Sandra xxx

Lisa xx said...

Its a super card Sarah xx

mixamatoasties said...

Oh you have made me laugh Sarah!

I love your card, it's fab :)

Susan xx

Sue said...

this is gorgeous Sarah. I love the image and your colouring is beautiful.
I hope you have a good weekend
Hugs Sue

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Sarah, so pretty! Love this image and her fab hair :o)

Re the Neenah card - I can't colour on that at all! Oh, I did quite like it for prisma pencils though - you could try them on it just to use it up! Hugs, Lisa x

Kim said...

gorgeous card Sarah, love the stars & charm! hope the tap is sorted lol!
Kim x

An Occasional Genius said...

Gorgeous job with the card & your charm is perfect, not sure why you don't like it!! Very cool hair, know what you mean about the song/video. Hugs xx

coops said...

so gorgeous sarah.stunning sasy, her hair is fab and i love your colours ;D

xx coops xx

Sharon said...

This is a gorgeous card. Love the image and the layout. The stars look fab.
Hugs Sharon. x

Hazel said...

Hi Sarah

Fab card - check out her awesome pink hair! Love it.

Have a great weekend.

Ta ta for now.

Hazel x

catherine said...

Super card Sarah and great use of colour. I love the charm and the stars. Hope your having a good weekend and hope the tap situation is sorted-or shouldn't I ask!!!
x catherine

Faye said...

I see the stars! They look fab, you soooooooo needed them! ;) The charm looks cool too. Faberoony creation. X

Karen Petitt said...

Fabulous Sarah! You've coloured her beautifully, the layout and embellishments are gorgeous! Karen x

Christine L said...

Hi Sarah

Gorgeous SC image (love them all!)... and you've coloured her perfectly! Love the layout too..

Hugs
Christine x

Rachel said...

Fab card Sarah - love the colours you've used and gorgeous baking papers. Wedgie xxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Oh this is brilliant hun, I absolutely love the colours and the layout and the way that you have coloured her hair is brilliant
Lindsay xx

Unknown said...

Oh this is gorgeous Sarah, love how you used those huge stars, they're emphasizing the stars in the girl's dress so wonderfully! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Sarah-Jane said...

Fab card Sarah. I like her hair.
Sarah-Jane xx

Jenny said...

Love this image Sarah and that hair colouring - WOW! x

Natali said...

Gorgeous card. Love how you colour this "rock girl" image and match with charm and paper. Great job!!
Hugs
Natali

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Sarah, loving her pink hair!
Helen x

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous!! Love her hair. Thanks for playing along at The Sugar Bowl Challege xx Jenny xx