Followers

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Divas by Design DT card

Hello blogworld

Well can you believe another two weeks have flown by and here we are with a new challenge over at Divas by Design this time it's a sketch and it's been created by the boss lady, Rebekah, herself!


Our sponsor for this week is:

Why not pop over there, have a look see at the wonderful things my teamies have created and give the challenge a go - would be lovely to see your entry. 

Here is what I came up with for my card:
Front shot:
 Detail shot of image:


I think this image could well become my favourite ever (of the images released so far!) even topping Nevaeh - shock horror!  

OK now this is going to sound very odd, but do you ever wonder about the images as you colour them? Not exactly making stories up about them, but more why.  Firstly, why did I feel that her hair had to be pink?  That was explained when I went back to Krista's etsy shop and saw she had given her pink hair - that explains that, subconsciously I'd decided pink hair as I'd seen it already.  

But then the name of the stamp - Bunny the Magician?  The girl's name or because there is a bunny rabbit in the hat? So I was making a sort of back story for her, Bunny is her name and she has been putting on her favourite dressing up outfit and her favourite toy in the hat then doing her best magic trick to the applause of her family.  Hubby then came in and totally ruined my little fantasy world - how?  He said - that dress would give an interesting view from behind, wouldn't it!  Pah to hubby's they ruin my little happy, pink, fluffy world that I inhabit when I make cards.  I might even start a campaign to ban them from dining rooms when creating is happening!

Oh dear I've really waffled there haven't I, so moving quickly on!

I used:
Saturated Canary image: Bunny the Magician and coloured with my Promarkers, Flexmarkers with highlighting using a white gel pen.  Also Glamour Dusted her underskirt, bunny tail and heart on the ear.
Go-Kreate die to cut out the image and then chalked while in the die for the background.
Papers are : Craftwork Cards-Shabby Vintage and Prima-Sparkling Spring.
Martha Stewart punch.
Flowers are various Prima.
Pearls, corner edges, button from my stuff.
Craftwork cards for card blank and sentiment.

Looking forward to seeing all the entries,

bye for now!

Sarah

A challenge, or two (or 4, my goodness I'm getting brave at this entering challenges lark!):

Saturated Canary Challenge; #9 - Dies/Punches

My Time To Craft Challenge: Challenge 171 - Your favourite embellishment - flowers

The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog: Challenge #20 - Favourite Song - A Kind of Magic (Queen) and even better from one of my favourite films ever - Highlander!

Dream Valley Challenges: Challenge 24 - Animals

23 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Typical bloke lol! Sometimes one's own little world is a good place to be!

Gorgeous card though sweetie with fab colouring xx

Unknown said...

Morning Sarah, super sweet girly card love it! Big hugs Jo xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

LOL your hubby sounds like mine, a total pain when ya crafting!
Fab card tho hun, love the colours!
Hugs Shell xx

Anonymous said...

Great card and image and pity your little fluffy dream was ruined by the 'man joke'! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley.xx

Berry said...

This is fab sarah! I love that image too though I don't have her!!! How is that possible seriously she must be one of the only ones I don't have! I love your backstory, my hubby would ruin something like that too with a silly comment! This is really pretty and I love your colour combo. Thanks also for playing at SC hugs Rebekah xx

Loopylou. said...

hiyah sarah!
oh wow i love those soft and bright colours, she looks absolutely gorgeous!
thankyou for joining our challenge over on the saturated canary challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

Kathleen said...

Fab card Sarah, love her pink hair! I am with you on the making up stories about the character, I think I do it more with these sc images as they all look like they have a story to tell. Shame on hubby tho!! Lol
Love and hugs
Kat xx
Oh while im here thanks for joining us at dream valley xx

Felicia said...

Shes so cute!! Love this. Love the colors and all the details!! Great work! *huggles* =0)

Vicky said...

So beautiful Sarah....and I love the colours you have used hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

lindyloo said...

This is so beautiful Sarah and so is your colouring thank you for joining us at cutie pie
linda x

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sarah, love the image and coloured beautifully..you made me smile reading your post and your hubby's comment, just the sort of think my hubby would have said.
Wendy xx
ps..thanks for saying my card today would fit in with sc challenge.

coops said...

so stunning sarah.your coloursa re really beautiful and i love the gorgeous image and details :D
lol at your hubby about the back view.

xx coops xx

Kim Dellow said...

So pretty, love the image and fab colouring. Kim

Anonymous said...

Really pretty Sarah, love her pink hair and yes I think hubbys should be banned from craft rooms, LOL!
Helen x

debby4000 said...

So cute Sarah and beautiful too.
luv
Debby

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Sarah and I love the pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley!
Clairexx

Christine L said...

Beautiful card Sarah.. and I love her pink her!
Hugs
Christine x

nessy said...

evening sarah ~what an adorable card~ so beautifully coloured and such pretty details!!
vanessa xx
ps thankyou so very much for your kind words on my blog ~it so helps having such supportive crafting friends!! xx

Anonymous said...

Excellent song choice! Beautiful image Thanks for playing at Cutie Pies Woo x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is such a beautiful card huni, I love the sketch this week and am hoping I can make time to join in. I don't really know where to start talking about this card though as I love everything about it. The image is just adorable and beautifully coloured. I love those bright flowers, the papers are lovely and the corner accents and pearls finish it off so perfectly. Really fantastic design.
Lindsay xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Lovely card Sarah, really pretty.
Sarah-Jane xx

Julia said...

This card is adorable, so cute. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, Julia - DT

karen said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, fab image and great song choice too! thanks for joining us at Cutie Pies, Karenx