Followers

Thursday 26 January 2012

Waste Not Wednesdays

Hi blogworld

Here I am again, feeling much better now - cold has now moved onto hubby!  Who, it has to be said, is coping fairly well!!  Emily has slept through all this week so far as well, we have put a reward chart up on one of the kitchen cupboard doors, if she gets a star (for sleeping through) up till Sunday she'll get to pick a treat.  Fingers crossed, so far, so good.  So if only hubby and I could manage to get to bed before 11pm we'd get a good night too!!

So onto the important things - my card and this one I actually like, what's more I even got inky!!  Not something I do very often at all.

I'm following along with Lisa's Waste Not Wednesdays and inked up an unused stamp.  I couldn't believe that, going through my Sugar Nellie stamps, I've found more than one that are from 2008 and I've never even inked them!  I might even have brought them in 2008, tho I'm not sure, but still they've sat there for at least two years and never seen the light of day - shame on me!!!

So card:
Front shot:

Detail shot of image:

I used:

Stamp: Sugar Nellie - Leanne Ellis; Wish - coloured with Promarkers, Flexmarkers and highlighted with Stickles on the wings.
After stamping and colouring I dabbed on some Tattered Rose Distress Ink and then stamped a swirl with the Tattered Rose  (Autumn Leaves; swirls v.2 by Rhonna Farrer).
The papers are all First Edition - Isabelle pad - the paper at the back I swiped over with the Distress Ink to make it less bright white.
Flourish is half a memory box die - La Rue Flourish.
Sentiment is a Fiskars one; Make a Wish Quotes, then die-cut with Spellbinders shapeabilities - Fancy Tags Two.  That I also inked while it was in the die to get the pinky look to it.
Flowers and ribbons from my stuff.

Well, that was a list and a half wasn't it!!  I couldn't even say that I spent more time on this card than normal, but I used loads of my stuff (the dining room was even messier than normal when I finished!) and I really like the effect I got.

I've been practising really hard with my Pro and Flex markers and feel that I might actually be improving! I've never listed any of the pens that I use before, would anyone be interested if I did list them, or does it not matter?

So I will be back again tomorrow, with my Pollycraft challenge entry, but until then - tattieby!

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Sketch Saturday - Week #191

Charisma Cardz Challenge - Challenge #3 - Pretty in Pink (it's pink and green, but not sure if it's pink enough?)

Moving Along with the Times - Challenge 133 - Blooming Marvellous

My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge - Challenge 41 - Flowers



23 comments:

Jayne A said...

Beautiful card Sarah. Really pretty.

Jayne
x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Sarah.xxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is such a fantastic card, I love the image, its so different and your colouring looks fab, those die cuts and flowers are gorgeous too.
Love it!
Lindsay xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Sarah!
Glad you're feeling better too! And good on your little girl for sleeping through! My Keiran has finally managed to stop coming into bed with me...for over 2 weeks now!

We found a fat free banana bread recipe btw, and it was delicious!! :)
Lizy x

catherine said...

Fantastic card Sarah. Love all the little extras you have put on. Glad your feeling better and if little one is sleeping that will help.
x catherine

mixamatoasties said...

That's fabby Sarah I love it!

My mission over the weekend is to clear the dining room so I can get back to the table and do some creating. And I'm sure I must have uninked stamps too.

xx

Kathleen said...

This has to be one of my favourite cards that you have ever made Sarah, love all the details and ink work and your colouring is brilliant, shiny hair too!
Hugs
Kat xxx

Sarah-Jane said...

Gorgeous card Sarah. I love the image that you have coloured really well. Great papers and embellishments too.

Glad that Emily is sleeping better. I wish that my little darlings would sleep! They never stay in bed. The older one always has an excuse to get up..Mum I need a drink, a wee, I'm cold, too hot, I feel sick...the list goes on!
Sarah-Jane xx

Wishcraft said...

Ooh so gorgeous Sarah! Fab image, love these papers (I really NEED them, last time I tried to order them they were out of stock everywhere I could think of!) and all your pretty details. Thanks for keeping me company on my little challenge hun :o) Lisa x

PS. hope the reward chart works!

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh Wow!! I have such a weakness for these images (though i dont have any) I think they are so serene and beautiful Sarah.

Such a pretty card and gorgeous colours. Stunning dies and embellies too, this is a really beautiful card hun!

hugs

xxalisonxx

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful card Sarah and well done to you using so much stuff! I'm ashamed at how many stamps I have that have never been inked - in fact I've been buying stamps for about 4 years and only started using them since I've been blogging!
Love your papers and love your post - it really made me laugh!
Hugs Laurie x

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card Sarah and how naughty of you to leave that poor stamp uninked for so long lol. I'd better go check if I have any lurking in the back of my drawers. Hope hubby feels better soon. Debs xx

Christine L said...

Beautiful card Sarah... your colouring is FAB! And I love the effect you've created... Oooh and also that flourish die is fab too.. groan..... think I MAY just have to check that out.... hehe

Glat to hear your little one is sleeping through...
Hugs
Christine x

Arabella said...

This is just gorgeous Sarah! I love the layout and your colouring is fab! Naughty you having uninked stamps! But I think that might be the pot calling the kettle black as I have loads of stamps that I haven't inked yet! Ah well... if only we had all the time in the world!

Arabella

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love that fabulous image and soft papers
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for my Blooming Marvellous challenge
Lisa x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super what a great card, I love how you have used pastel colours. Thanks for playing our Blooming Marvelous Challenge on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

Berry said...

Love this Sarah what a pretty card! We have a similar chart thing for Caleb sleeping through too! He was up coughing last night though! I do hope I can shake this cough thing off soon hugs rebekah xx

coops said...

so stunning sarah.the image is beautiful and i love your gorgeous colours and details :D

xx coops xx

Wendy said...

So beautiful Sarah, love the image and gorgeous details.
Wendy xx

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful Sarah, fab image and gorgeous embellies!
Helen x

Jill said...

stunning card Sarah thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Just popping back to say thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week too,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Vee said...

Such a gorgeous card, love all the detail. Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Charisma
xx Vee