Followers

Friday 13 January 2012

Just a quickie

Hi Blogworld

I've been deserted!  Daughter at school and hubby going to get her - daughter insisted that it was daddy's turn to collect her - so as she owns this house (as she so often tells us!) when she says jump we say how high and off daddy trots to collect her from school.

I'm just hoping that he doesn't get fed up with the parking around school and think that the school bus is an even better idea!  By the way, thanks for all your comments on yesterday's dilemma,  the bus trip isn't as bad as it sounds.  Emily goes to a fairly small school (160ish pupils for the whole school) and it takes us 7 minutes to drive there (it's been timed!) so the bus journey wouldn't be too bad.  It's just I don't think she's ready (let alone me!) to do that yet, nice to know I'm not the only voice in the wilderness.

Anyhows, as I've time on my own I thought I'd do blogging and share my latest card.

Front shot of card:

Detail shot of image:

I don't know how the pics look your screens, but on mine it looks very washed out.  Please excuse if the real cuteness of this card is not coming through, put it down to operator error ;-)

I used:
Wild Rose Studio Stamp: Cherry Cupcake - Mia with Teddy, coloured with my Promarkers and Flexmarker.  With Stickles for added sparkles.
Cut out with a Nestie and for the first time, I coloured the background of the stamp while it was in the die.  Doesn't look too bad I'm thinking.
Papers are all Pink Petticoat: Vintage Rose Collection (a freebie pack that came with a mag)
Ribbon, flowers, butterfly, sentiment all from stash.
Martha Stewart punch to create the border.

Ah and also, while I'm here, I should say I'm having problems with seeing everyones updates to their blogs.  I seem not to be getting updates to some peoples blogs - don't know why, but I'm not!  So if I've not been round your blog lately to say hello, it's because as far as my computer knows the blog isn't being updated!

I'm aiming tonight to go through my list of blogs that I follow and say hi, so watch out for waffle (that's warned you, hasn't it - go hide!).

And I will be back later tonight - I've sorted out my 100 follower candy, finally!!

See's ya later,
Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Sketch Saturday - Week #189

The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog - Week 9: Ribbons and Lace (hope only ribbon is OK - I've used up all my lace and not buying more due to stash ban!)

I love Promarkers - Challenge #99: Cute and Cuddly


15 comments:

Berry said...

This is super sweet Sarah! I hope you can ward off the bus thing for a while! Thanks for your best wishes on the DT call and my card (there are far too many stunning entries I think I'm dreaming if I think I have a chance!) Hugs Rebekah xx

Jayne A said...

Really cute card. I love the image.

Jayne
x

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet card Sarah!
Helen x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is so sweet, that image is adorable, I love the colours and the border looks fab
Lindsay xx

Wendy said...

Sooooo sweet Sarah, really gorgeous.
Wendy xx

Cazza said...

Such a cute card, really pretty and girlie. Fabulous colouring too!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Sketch Saturday :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Barbara said...

Hi Sarah, What a darling card. I love the stamp and your card design. I have found that I edit my card pictures in Picasa and it has a brigtness button which helps. Not too many sunny days in western NY state!! I need all the help I can get.

coops said...

so gorgeous sarah.the image is adorable and i love your pretty colours and design :D
i too am having problems with some blogs not showing in my dashboard.they keep appearing and dissapearing, very strange.
regarding you question on my blog, yes the blush,sunkissed pink,coral and cinnamon are the colours i use for skin.i start with the darkest cinnamon and work down to the lightest.i also do about 4 to 5 layers,lol :D

xx coops xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Pretty card Sarah.
Sarah-Jane xx

Lisa xx said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, another wonderful entry to our challenge, thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card! pretty design and lovely papers! Thanks for being a Cutie Pie this week! Woo x

Lorraine said...

Lovely. Very cute image. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

lindyloo said...

what a cute card with such a sweet image thank you for joining us at the cutie pie linda x

kbrandy4 said...

What a real cutie!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at I &hearts Promarkers and The Cutie Pie Challenges!! Good luck!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

kbrandy4 said...

What a real cutie!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at I ♥ Promarkers and The Cutie Pie Challenges!! Good luck!!
Hugs
Hazel xx