Followers

Monday 2 January 2012

First card of 2012

Happy New Year blogworld

I know, I know, I'm a bit late - but better late than never, eh!  Hope you all had a happy New Year - whatever you did!  We were a couple of boring old farts and were in bed and asleep by 11, the joys of having a small person who wakes at 6 has long ago meant that we don't get late nights now.   Not that I would change a bit of it, I'd much rather have the small person than the biggest New Year celebrations!

So this is my first card of 2012 - it was a for little boy whose 4th birthday party we went to today.  Met him and his mum when he was 6 weeks old.  He is just that big younger than Emily so will be in the year below when he starts school this September and we don't get to see as much of him (or his mum!) as we used to but we do try and stay in contact and see as much of them as we can.

Waffle over here is the card:

Front shot:


Detail shot:
I used:
Lili of the Valley stamp - Sailing Boat, coloured with my Promarkers
All the papers are an Echo Park pad - Splash
The sentiment is from Craftwork Cards and cut out with Die-namics die
Scallop border is also a Die-namics die (one of my Christmas presents)

Do you ever have one of those days where nothing goes right?  Well this is a card made on one of those days, the backing card ripped, after I'd stuck the paper to it; the sentiment didn't cut straight and the scallop tore as I was trimming it so had to go dig through my stuff to find something to put over it.

I think about the only thing I'm happy with is the colouring on the image!!

Hopefully, as Emily goes back to school on Weds, I'll have some time to tidy my house and get back into routines next week.  Which is going to include some exercise for yours truly - have put on 1/2 a stone over the break and that's not good!!!

See's ya soon,

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

Papertake Weekly - Fab sketch

Paper Sundaes - #101; Something Old - Something New (my old is the stamp and new the die-namics scallop die)

The Squirrel and The Fox - Challenge #8 - Something New - the die

18 comments:

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Wendy said...

Fabulous boys card Sarah, gorgeous image and coloured so beautifully, great papers too.
Wendy xx

Jayne A said...

Fantastic card. I really love those cute little boy images from LOV.

Happy New year

Jayne
x

Catherine said...

You'd never tell so many things went wrong with this card, its fab!

Fiona said...

gorgeous Sarah...one of my favourite boy stamps.

happy new year.

Fi
x

Faye said...

Oi! The only thing I'm happy with is the colouring!! Don't make me come up there and slap the backs of your knees lady! Fab paper choices for the little boy too. Happy 2012. :)
xxx

Mrs Wonka said...

Really cute card!

I hope that you had a lovely Christmas and that you have a very Happy New Year!

Mrs Wonka xxx

Anonymous said...

Your card looks fab to me! Love those papers very apt and great colouring!
Helen x

Berry said...

You are still more organised than me lol! I am still yet to make a card in 2012! I also ned to get on with the diet but still have plenty of left over chocolate darn! This is a cute card and I love the colours you have used hugs Rebekah xx

Sarah-Jane said...

I really can't tell that anything went wrong while making the card, it looks great to me. I do love LOTV images. Your colouring is fab as always and I love the fish paper.
Sarah-Jane xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is so sweet, love the image and the papers are so cute
Lindsay xx

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous card Sarah! I love that image. I have signed up to use it up in 2012 so I am not buying anything.. We will see eh? Abi has signed up too so we can all help each other!

Lisa said...

Awww, such a sweet card and great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, adorable card.
luv
Debby

coops said...

gorgeous card sarah.your colours and papers are fab and i love the image :D

xx coops xx

Christine L said...

Fab card Sarah... perfect image for a little boy!
Hugs
Christine x

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Sarah :o) Love the image and gorgeous papers - I nearly bought this pad but talked myself out of them, think I DO need them though lol! Lisa x

Kathleen said...

Hi Sarah, i love this stamp and you have coloured it perfectly and made it into a very cute boys card.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.
Luv n hugs Kat xx