Followers

Saturday 7 January 2012

How difficult can it be to make a card!

Hello blogworld

My goodness this card has been a hard slog - I only have 8 thank you cards to make but they are proving very difficult.  Only two done, one which I can't share just yet and this one.

Had a whole day yesterday card making, supposedly anyway but all I did was faff around with images and papers and ended up with one card, one image coloured and another part coloured - pah!

This is what the coloured in image turned into:

Front shot:


Detail shot of image:

Love the image, colouring not too bad not too sure about the faux stitching!

I used:

Saturated Canary digi - Thank you; coloured with my Flexmarkers (oooh my last purchase of the year was the new colours - on their way - not pah!!).
Die cut with a Go-Kreate die and chalked while in the die.
Papers are all Papermania - Blueberry Hill
Swirl is a Marianne die
Buttons and lace from stash

The worse part of the whole thing - this was the last little bit of lace I had.  No more lace and not allowing myself to buy anymore!  Pah and double pah - no more challenges with lace for me then!!

Hope everyone else has had a better couple of days.

Oooh, just remembered - I'm up to 100 followers!  Hello to the new peeps, this means I am now officially sorting out a bit of something to offer as candy.  Should have that arranged by the middle of the week.

Sarah

A challenge, or two:

TotallyPaperCrafts - sketch

The Poodles Parlour - Button Up

I love Promarkers - #98; Buttons and Lace

21 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

It's a gorgeous card Sarah, your colouring is superb and the whole design is fabulous. Shame it's your last bit of lace though.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Sarah-Jane said...

So pretty, great colouring. I love the soft colours and pretty lace.
Congrats on the 100 followers. I'm sure you will have loads more soon. I'm up to 60 followers now, which is a bit of a surprise.
Sarah-Jane xx

San @ Made in Hem said...

You can try to swap? Maybe even through your blog. Just ask who has a overload of lace! :)
Lovely card! ♥ It would be wonderful to see more of those!

Berry said...

This is so pretty Sarah I love this image she is so cute and really suits the thanks theme, can't believe you are strong enough to not buy more lace I just don't have that will power lol! I know what you mean though the last few cards have taken me far too long to get sorted.
Hugs Rebekah xx

Wendy said...

So pretty Sarah, she's gorgeous and coloured so beautifully.
Wendy xx

Pamela said...

Really pretty card, love the image and the colours. I often have days like that, faffing about all day and ending up with one card.

Pam x

Christine L said...

Beautiful card Sarah - and well done on your well deserved 100!

Hugs
Christine x

Juls said...

I think we all get days like that ... the results are gorgeous, love your colouring, the soft colours are beautiful, I love the lace and and swirls! Hugs Juls

nessy said...

adorable sarah ~stunning card!
vanessa xx

Turtle In The Sand said...

We crafter's need to come up with an official title for days like that. I have them too. I sit for hours and come away with one card. ZZZZZ Lol
Your card is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week. **Linda

Jayne A said...

Pretty card. I love this image. Congratulations on reaching 100 followers.

Jayne
x

Anonymous said...

Ooh, love this one Sarah, such an adorable image and such pretty papers! Your faux stitching looks great too, Congrats on reaching 100 followers!
Helen x

coops said...

so stunning sarah.i love your beautiful soft colours and gorgeous sweet image and design :D

xx coops xx

Wishcraft said...

Aww I love this Sarah, it's gorgeous! Such a sweet image (I must resist!) and I love the pretty colours you've used :o) Lisa x

Faye said...

Oh it's sooooo frustrating when a card won't come together. I feel your pain. But, this card is really rather pretty if that helps?! Have a great week. xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

I often get days that go like that Sarah! :) and no matter how hard I try, or how organised I am, I still cant manage more than one card in a day - something in me just switches off! :) lol.

I can literally waste hours faffing too!

Lovely sweet card - adore the image and fresh colours - like rainbow drops!

Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

WeirdCat said...

Great card, lovely colouring and pastel shades, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah, this is adorable, love the pretty soft colours .. hey me too been so busy lately and thank you for stopping by this week. Hugs xxx

Arabella said...

It's adorable Sarah! I love the soft pastely colours! You are being so good with your resolution not to buy! Every time a new package arrives for me in the mail I try to make that resolution, but then I cave straight away as soon as I get the next sale email... Two Peas in a Bucket is my downfall!

Hugs!

Arabella

Victoria said...

This is so beautiful, thank you for joining us on totally papercarafts this week.

Jacq said...

Hi Sarah,
Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the adorable image, the dps, the colour scheme is perfect. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx