Followers

Monday 23 January 2012

Mind went ages ago.....

body's going now!

Boy this cold / sore throat / ear infection (whatever!) has really thrown me.  I felt so rough this morning that hubby had to take Emily to school and then go get her as well.  I've also missed bedtime, I fell asleep on the sofa after dinner and only woke up an hour ago!

I took the day off from housework and played cards instead, but I'm not sure whether I would've been better off just doing nothing.  Had a bit of a frustrating day of it!!  Ah, one good thing - I made banana choc-chip bread.  Tho maybe that's not a good thing - it's going to play havoc with my diet.  No-one else will eat it! Wondering, by the way, why is it called bread?  Apart from being cooked in bread tins, it's a cake!

Anyhows, that's enough of my moaning and groaning (tho I'm surprised you can't hear me coughing from here!) and onto my card:

I'm practising really hard with my Promarkers and Flexmarkers - I see soo much perfect colouring out there that I really want to up my game a bit and have been studying various YouTube videos, staring at people's blogs and trying to work out what they are doing and then practising, practising, practising!  Special thanks here to Coops for telling me what colours she uses for skin tones, I think I'm happier with those then the ones I was using before.

Not too upset with this image, not as defined a colour as I've seen - but now I'm trying to go lighter to darker shades - I've always done darker to lighter.  Feels a bit strange and it bleeds out of the images something terrible!

Anyway have a look and see what you think:


I used:

Sugar Nellie - Simply Sassy stamp: Delicious - coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers, bit of stickles as well.
Diecut with a nestie and then chalked while in the die.
Distressed all the edges and then inked with a Tim Holtz distressing ink pad.
Papers are all from a freebie pack that came with a magazine ages ago.
Gems from my stuff.
Papermania sentiment.
Added a bit of faux stitching with a black pen.
Craftworks cards card blank.

So am off now to blog hop - say hello to my bloggyfriends and then stare some more at gorgeous images, wonderfully coloured and wonder how on earth they do it!!!

See's ya soon,
Sarah

A challenge, or two:

The Sugar Bowl - Challenge 75 - Erika's Sketch (optional birthday theme)

Secret Crafter - Challenge #169 - food and drink

Make it Monday - Linky party for inspiration


17 comments:

Wendy said...

So gorgeous Sarah, love the image and coloured so beautifully, pretty papers...I have always coloured light to dark colours, but now trying the onther why round and can't decide whats best lol...
Wendy xx

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah!
Ok first...hope you're feeling better now after a bit of crafting! ;)

Second...want the recipe for Banana Choc Chip 'bread'!

Third...gorgeous card hun! And you have found Coops too eh? I have recently discovered just how awesome her colouring is...check out my 'So like...WHATEVER!' card....I really used alot of inspiration from her!

Ok now I've gone and waffled on your blog lol! Hope you're all better soon!
Lizy x

Jayne A said...

I think your colouring is great. Love the cute card too.

I tend to colour dark to light but each to their own I say. Which ever way you feel most comfortable with is the way to go.

Jayne
x

Faye said...

Hey Toots. Well this is more than a little bit fab, innit?! Loving the pretty papers. xxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is fantastic hun, I love those papers and your colouring in looks brilliant, love it
Lindsay xx

Wishcraft said...

Oh no, sorry you're feeling so poorly hun! Sending big hugs, hope you feel better soon xx

Love your card, the papers are so pretty and the image is fab too. I used to colour light to dark with PMs/FMs, now I tend to do it the other way - when I can tear myself away from the Prismas of course! Lisa x

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Sarah.xxx

Anita said...

Sarah, this card is so pretty and I think your coloring looks fabulous. I hope you're feeling better soon :)

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous creation and love the take on the theme this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
hugs Kate xx
PS I have some candy if you are interested:)

Christine L said...

Gorgeous card hon..... your colouring looks fab to me! Hope the video that i did helped a bit...

And your banana choc chip bread.... MMMMMM!

Hope you're feeling a bit better today..

Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

so gorgeous sarah.i love your pretty papers and design and stunning image and colouring ;D

xx coops xx

Julie C. said...

Practise makes perfect! I always think your colouring is lovely!! Great card!
Get better soon and have some rest! There is always time to make more cards! ^_^

Rene said...

Loooove your layout and your coloring looks great! If it makes you feel any better, last night I thought I made dinner for my girls but it turns out I told them to just open a box of Teddy Grahams! Just gotta love the flu fog! ;D
Thank you so much for linking up at MIM and remember, to be in the running to win second prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
Rene :D

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, hope you feel better soon!
Helen x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is very cute Sarah. Kim

Karen said...

Lovely card. Love your colouring. I also colour dark to light but everyone is different. I too got my inspiration from Ooops. Papers are gorgeous. xx

Franz♥ said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, love papers and image so much!

Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

Hugs, Franz.