Followers

Wednesday 4 January 2012

My favourite cards of 2011

Hello blogworld

Today was back to school day, and (on the whole) it went well.  We have had an increase in screaming just lately when the little lady decides she doesn't like something (i.e. mummy getting her dressed!) and we had a little bit of that this morning, but I think she was as happy to go back to school as we were to have her there.  I wouldn't have thought this time last year that I would be happy to see her go to school, but (as much as I miss her) she genuinely enjoys school - like she did nursery - misses her friends when she isn't there and so I swallow my feelings and make it all happy that school is back on.

We also put Christmas away in the loft today and the house looks all sparkly and clean!  Took the opportunity to move the furniture around in the living room and it does make it look a little bigger - I've also now got the prime spot in front of the fire and telly, so I'm happy!

So onto to point of this post - I've seen a fair number of people joining in with Debby's top 5 Christmas cards of 2011 and then favourite cards of 2011.  I didn't join in with the Christmas cards - didn't have time - but I'd like to join in with the favourites of 2011.  However I can't pick just 5 so I've increased it to 10 - hope that's OK.

I think I've waffled on enough, so I'm not going into reams of details of these cards - and without further ado here they are:

My absolute favourite:


Then the others in no particular order:

My daughter's 4th birthday card:
 








I liked the sketch so much at Less Is More for this one that I got a bit carried away!


I had to have one Christmas card - as I didn't join in with the Top 5 Christmas cards

Ok, Ok so I went to 13 - but I count the Less is More ones as 1 - that brings it down to 12, then take off the Christmas card that brings it down to 11!  So one more than I said.

My goodness the wind has been howling here while I've been typing this!  It's blowing a gale down our chimney sounds awful out there!  I do hope we don't loose the chimney!!!!

Hopefully I'll be back soon with a new card or two.

See you soon,
Sarah

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Great selection! I can see why you found it difficult to cut it down!

Sheena
xxx

Wendy said...

These are all really gorgeous Sarah, as are all your cards you make...Pleased first day back at school went well for you, we are back tomorrow, not looking forward to getting back in the school run..better get to bed now lol...
Wendy xx

Vicky said...

They are all so gorgeous Sarah...and I can see why it was so hard choosing hun..

It's blowing a gale here too sweetie...blinking awful..lol..

big hugs Vicky xx

Berry said...

These are all so fab hun I really should join in with this too! My kiddies go back tomorrow I'm actually desperate for it! I will miss them all but I won't miss the extraordinary amount of noise they cause! Hugs Rebekah xx

Anonymous said...

A fabulous selection of cards Sarah, my fave has to be number 10, I just love the CAS style and image!
Helen x

Kathleen said...

All gorgeous cards Sarah, definately a very girly theme going on lol!
Please dont talk about the wind I have been terrified the last two days here its been just awful, my poor little westie cant step out the back door without being blown to the other side of the garden, (oh ok after the first time and he was ok, I must admit I have found it a bit funny, I have a wicked sense of humour!!)
Luv n hugs Kat xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a stunning collection of cards Sarah.
Thanks for joining My Favourite Five.
luv
Debby

coops said...

fantastic selection of cards sarah.all so stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Julie C. said...

Great selection of cards. I have to say the sketch at Less Is More is lovely. No wonder you can't resist and got carried away. All cards are fab!Love them all!

The wind is sure terrible these couple of days. It wakes my daughters up in the middle of the night and then mummy and daddy will have to spend another 30 mins to an hour to try to get them back to sleep. Not good!!
Hugs, Julie x

xxxtglxxx said...

Fabulous collection of cards - they are brilliant, original and inspirational :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

LadyofLostTimes said...

Your cards are really lovely!

Unknown said...

These are all gorgeous Sarah, love all the girly images and fantastic colouring on all. Hugs xxx

Arabella said...

They are all so beautiful Sarah! A really lovely selection of cards!

Arabella